Hello all,

This is the MPC/Round 2 reissue of the glow head Ape Man kit. I picked this up at the Modelpalooza show in Orlando last year for $5. This is a great kit.

I started to build it out of the box but then changed my mind when I started trying to fix the seam in the hair. I decided to sand off some of the molded on hair and add new hair. I was thinking of an Ape Monk or Druid, or something like that.

After sanding off the hair there were some sizeable holes to fill.

20120201.jpg

20120202.jpg

20120203.jpg

I also made a new base out of a square piece of wood and some decorations from the scrapbook section of my local craft store. This was barely heavy enough and I was afraid it would tip. I drilled a few holes in the bottom and put some fishing weights in to increase the weight.

20120204.jpg

Els

Here he is finished. I am not real happy with how the tatoo's changed color after I dull coated them. Most of my shading there disappeared. But overall I like it.

20120205.jpg

20120206.jpg

20120207.jpg

20120208.jpg

These are great kits out of the box but they are also great foundations to let your imagination run wild.

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think.

Els

Thanks everybody.

AVGBob, I think my dog has the same opinion of this kit as your daughter. He doesn't want to have anything to do with it. I was having a lot of fun until my wife made me stop chasing him around the living room with it.

Els