1/32 Kinetic F-86-30 Sabre Conversion to

Just finished

Serial: A94-983

Type: CAC Avon Sabre Mk.32

Based: 75 Squadron RAAF (Black Diamonds Aerobatic Team)

Scheme: High Speed silver with black and white 'Top Hatters' markings

Kit: Kinetic 1/32 F-86-30 Sabre with Hamilton Hobbies conversion, Southern Sky Decals and Eduard cockpit P/E. Paints-Humbrol 11, 33

References: Decal Sheet, personal photos, Meteor, Sabre & Mirage in Australian Service (Stewart Wilson)

DSC05738.jpg

DSC05739.jpg

DSC05740.jpg

DSC05741.jpg

DSC05742.jpg

DSC05743.jpg

Edited by Andrew Doppel

:D, G'day Andrew,

Thank you for reminding me of my childhood and then on to teenage days as an ATC cadet and the annual Air Force week Air Shows at every RAAF Base in the country and at Butterworth. I think those days are long, long gone. Those were simpler, more carefree days that older people yearn for a return to, but know it won't happen. Your model is a great reminder to me of the Black Diamonds of the late fifties and sixties and it's also a great build. Thank you again Andrew.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Glad you like it Ross. I'm not quite so old but I too remember those good days as an ATC Cadet and camping on bases and working the Air Show circuit around Victoria where as you say, "more carefree days" were had. I am fortunate to have seen this aircraft after it was originally restored in mock dog fight simulation with a Mig 15, and of course now since its latest restoration.

Regards

Andrew :cop: