:D, My contribution to this GB will be a Biele Albatrosy (White Albatrosses) L-39 of the Slovak Air Force. I have like this simple scheme ever since I first saw it years ago. The kit is the good Eduard 1/72 kit and the fuselage, wings and tail feathers are together as it was going to be my entry in the Trainers GB. At the moment it has no paint, not even primer and I'm in the process of rescribing panel lines that were lost during construction. Some pics will follow later.

:cheers:,

Ross.

:D, Here are a couple of pics of progress so far. Fuselage, wings and tail feathers joined and seams filled. At the moment I'm re-scrbing the panel lines and have made a bit of a hash of it as it's the first time I've ever attempted to do this on a model so it's been re-fill and re-sand the mistakes and have another go at it.

016-2.jpg

028.jpg

Ross.

:D, Thank you Mike and HOLMES. I checked my Tamiya Spray Primers rattle cans last night and I don't have any white so it'll mean a trip to town to Frontline Hobbies this afternoon to get some. I'd thouoght of using the grey I have but seeing as the predominant colour of the airframe is white I think I better get some white primer to do the underwear in, even though I think most white girls look sexier in black underwear, black primer under white top coat just doesn't seem right in this case.

Ross.

• 2 weeks later...

:D, She's in her white underwear now and I found a few areas that needed a bit more attention, especially around the wing/fuselage join area on the underside of the fuselage. the white tamiya primer looks good and gives excellent coverage and I'm wondering if I could just spray Gunze Aqueous Hobby Color clear Gloss over the top of the white primer and then spray the red and blue gloss Humbrol enamel over that. Ahm, on second thoughts I think I've just answered my own question. Enamel over water based acrylic probably won't go so well.

Ross.

:D, I'll try to get some photos of the primed model tonight at work if I get the chance. Then again it's Friday night here so that may not happen. I should have done it last night, we were bored out of our skulls last night, but we'll just have to see. Normally Friday night is anything but quiet where I work and seeing it's the major toxicology hospital for the Hunter/New England area Friday/Saturday nights are generally pretty busy. We'll jsut have to wait and see. I might take them during my meal break if I get one.

• 2 months later...

:D, A small progress report. I painted the airframe in Humbrol Gloss White and then decided to be smart and try polishing some of the areas with those great Tamiya polishing compounds. On Saturday night I showed this to one of my work colleagues who used to be a panel beater spray painter and he told me to "rough it up " again or the other colours would eventually lift off the white if they adhered at all. So yeterday I spent some time with some worn 400 wet 'n dry used wet and sanded it back a bit till all the high gloss was gone. I intended to paint it again this afternoon but when I woke up it was raining fairly heavily so that idea went out the window. hopefully it will be better weather on Wednesday, the Anzac Day public holiday and I'll get to do it then.

Ross.

ps.No photos just yet, I'll post the pics of her in her underwear and then a couple of her with her gloss white dress on sometime after Wednesday if the weather cooperates.

Edited by ross blackford
  • 4 weeks later...

:D, Some more progress, although still no photos. The blue and red are now on the model, the red sprayed just now so tomorrow or so I'll remove all the masking tape and see what touch ups I have to do then take some more photos and post them here.

Ross.

• 1 month later...

:D, Touch ups are finished and the intake lips brushed with silver. The undersides have been sprayed in clear gloss and now that the intake lips are done tomorrow the topsides will be sprayed in the clear gloss. I've modified the national insignia a bit. The blue was far too dark according to all the clear photos I have of Biele Albatrosy L-39s so I've over painted the blue with the same blue that's part of the colour scheme, a sort of light to mid blue.

Ross.