My son's first for 2012-1/48 Italeri F/A-18G conversion to-

Actually, not correct.

'Big Rob' was a tribute to an aviation boatswain's mate who was serving as a director during workups in the fall (late summer maybe?) of 2008. He was killed in a flight deck accident during a launch (struck in the head by a CATM-9 during a cat stroke). Most squadrons had an identical tribute on at least one of their planes for at least some portion of the cruise.

Toward the end of the subsequent cruise, in June 2009 (as it says on the tribute), CVW-7 Command Master Chief Jeff Garber passed away in his sleep.

Owwww! I have watched many carrier docos and always wondered how many accidents occur during launches and landings and even manouvers on the flight deck. What a way to go.

If this is a regular type incident my thoughts go out to all the deck hands working in this field that help keep the world safe.

Andrew

Actually, not correct.

'Big Rob' was a tribute to an aviation boatswain's mate who was serving as a director during workups in the fall (late summer maybe?) of 2008. He was killed in a flight deck accident during a launch (struck in the head by a CATM-9 during a cat stroke). Most squadrons had an identical tribute on at least one of their planes for at least some portion of the cruise.

Toward the end of the subsequent cruise, in June 2009 (as it says on the tribute), CVW-7 Command Master Chief Jeff Garber passed away in his sleep.

Omg..I can't believe I fouled this one up. Karl is correct. After I posted I thought that couldn't be right, so I went back and read CDR Garrison's email about it. I feel so retarded. :bandhead2:

Edited by VFA-103guy