Welcome to the Latin american GB!

Welcome everyone to the Latin American Group Build!

Please post here what you will be building for this Group Build.

Hosts for this GB are MIG Mikkel and Pep, if you have any questions regarding the rules or eligible builds, please post here or PM the hosts.

Banners are HERE , courtesy of Aaronw and Pep

Rules / Guidelines

The GB starts on 10. January and ends on 10. of june. Any aircraft, helicopter and vehicle that has been or are in service with Latin american/South american airforces is allowed.

The model must not be started before your entry into the GB

All scales are allowed

No limit on number on intries per bulider

Best regards,

MIG MIkkel and Pep

I won't be getting started for a few weeks as I'm moving next week. I do have two kits to get me started though, both 1/72

1 Revell P-26, with Aztek decals for Guatamala

2 RS Curtiss Hawk II floatplane from Peru or Columbia (haven't decided yet).

If I find the time I'll do a 1/48 MI-25 Hind with Zotz' awesome "Mi-25 LatinoAmericanos" decals. Will be the FAP ship 695 with the large sharkmouth!

Those are Albatros decals. Take a look at who provided the information on the Peruvian Hinds (on the last page).

;)

Please be aware that FAP-695 is now an Mi-35P (cannon armed Hind) with jungle green camouflage.

Regards,

Those are Albatros decals. Take a look at who provided the information on the Peruvian Hinds (on the last page).

;)

Please be aware that FAP-695 is now an Mi-35P (cannon armed Hind) with jungle green camouflage.

Regards,

Do you have any picts of FAP-695 in it's current configuration?

Do you have any picts of FAP-695 in it's current configuration?

While I do have many photos, I won't share them as they negate their publication value. However, many can be found on the Internet as well as a video:

http://www.airliners...ddea5d69b68a287

mi35p2.jpg

FAP-696

http://www.airliners...ddea5d69b68a287

mi35p1.jpg

Mi-35P_peru_IMG_0770.jpg

Mi-35P_peru_IMG_1031.jpg

Mi-35P_peru_IMG_0991.jpg

dsc02033.jpg

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

I like the new scheme. Are these new build or upgraded Mi-25's to Mi-35 standard?

Those taped up areas I would assume would be national insignia and fin flash?

These are new replacement aircraft. The taped up areas cover the Peruvian fin flash on the vertical tail fin, national roundels (above the left wing & below the right one), and the word Peru on the sides.

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

I will be doing a Curtiss Hawk of the Chilean Air Force in the late twenties/early thirties of the last century. This was the first export fighter order Curtiss booked, for a total of sixteen machines, eight P-1A in the first batch, and eight P-1B in the second.

chilehawk1.jpg

P-1A

chilehawk2.jpg

P-1B

The build will be mostly a scratch-build, though I will be employing wings and struts from a Monogram Curtiss P-6E kit. It will be in 1/72. I will not be commencing work on it for a couple more weeks.

Howdy, decided to hit up the Ghost Town GB as my first Group Sex -SORRY, BUILD venture. Then totally couldn't decide which of 3 possible subjects to field, gave up & came here.

I'd like to be considered for a 1:48 Hawker Sea Fury in Cuban strip, please.

Best wishes to all participants, enjoy the habaneros! :woot.gif: