1/48 F4U-5 Argentinian Corsair

• 2 months later...

Hi All... its all my fault, I had trouble getting the windscreen on correctly and when it came to masking it for a t2nd and 3rd time, I set it aside from frustration.

Well, I am back at it but it will be too little too late. But I have all the colours on:

CIMG0892.jpg

CIMG0895.jpg

Two things - the blue in the pics is much darker than in reality - I was able to match the light blue that is on a few of the markings... but the camera is not showing it. Also, those Agentinians sure made a nice looking corsair - the grey with the blue and white is very nice to look at. Certainly a nice change from the gloss sea blue I am used to!

• 4 weeks later...

Well - I tried but this one is not getting in under the wire :(

Gear and tanks are done, canopy is done.... prop too. The decals went on great on the uppers and sides but for whatever reason the markings on the undersides had 100s of air bubbles trapped. Its taken over a week of Sol to get them to have only a handful of bubbles. Very weird. Anyhow - for all the work I put into it, I don't want to rush it at this point.

So it will get done in the next few weeks.

Anyhow - this GB has been fun! Thanks!

Nice work, sir. And trust me folks...it looks better in real life. I saw it last night at our local build /quote funny cartoons night. CM has done some nice work on this kit. He even gave me a few pointers for the one I'm building for the Pacific GB. Thanks, buddy.

Mike

Edited by AX 365

Corsairman, you still have loads of time left! the GB ends on the 10. july...

But a real shame that your decals whent bad :( hope they turn out good, cause your Corsair looks really cool!!

Nice work, sir. And trust me folks...it looks better in real life. I saw it last night at our local build /quote funny cartoons night. CM has done some nice work on this kit. He even gave me a few pointers for the one I'm building for the Pacific GB. Thanks, buddy.

Mike

Thanks Mike and no problem with the tamiya F4U-1A pointers... wish someone warned me about the wing join years ago! The oil coolers are 50:50 - one of mine required TLC and the other was like butter. Can't wait to see you finish it.

Corsairman, you still have loads of time left! the GB ends on the 10. july...

But a real shame that your decals whent bad :( hope they turn out good, cause your Corsair looks really cool!!

Hmmm... well, maybe its still possible. I'll give it a try!

• 2 months later...