1/48 Tamiya P-47 in Dominican Markings.

Here we go!

The victim is tamiya's P-47D, decorated with Dominican marking from Aeromaster's "Latin American P-47Ds".

I'm planing on using as little aftermarket parts as possible, maybe just some PE seat-belts.

I will also likely add some wires here and there.

img0492ss.jpg

img0458m.jpg

img0457wy.jpg

(note: I bought the kit at a show and some interior parts had been sprayed green)

Edited by Pep

Let the mad reverting begin!

Took about 20 minutes per panel, have some crooked lines but i'l have to live with them =(

img0456pz.jpg

img0460xt.jpg

Dominican P-47s where retrofited with spine fins, I hunted down one from a Hasegawa thunderbolt and adapted it to the Tamiya part.

img0461i.jpg

Edited by Pep

First off - I really need some habanero sauce, I hope that's a prize!

Secondly - that is a cool subject. How do you do the rivet lines? I tried with a small ruler but that was a disaster. I next tried dymo tape but the rivet wheel just rode up on the tape.

The next time I try it, I was thinking of doing all the lines in pencil first and then using a very small ruler, just going a bit at a time. They are not easy to keep straight with the rivet wheel but I can't imagine doing them all by hand with a guide and a needle!

thanks guys!

what i did was mark with a pencil on a panel line where the rivet line starts end end.

then used dymo tape with medium pressure on the riveter.

one thing that does help is using 2 strips of tape and make it thicker helps a lot.

also make sure your using the old-school dymo tape (DYMO Embossing Tape), which is getting harder and harder to get actually.

they also sell an aluminium one which I've been thinking of trying but its way to expensive!

I was able to sneak a couple of minutes in today

Interior parts where given a coat of tamiya flat black.

img0506ar.jpg

img0507rl.jpg

Then they got a couple of mists of Tamiya yellow Green (XF-4)

I feel like this gives the Zink Chromate a nice shadowy look.

img0487xw.jpg

PS. Sorry about the crummy pictures but i will be using my I phone since it makes it a lot simpler!

Edited by Pep

hi,

Please check the recommended kit for the Aeromaster sheet as the rudder markings may not fit. Maybe you can use the Hasegawa vertical tail?

Regards,

thanks for the heads up; I'm not to worried however since i will be painting most of the markings except for the squadron emblem and stars in the tail.

Cockpit is done! I love tamiya! it almost feels like cheating!

I used Citadels for the knobs and grey dry-brush, then a light mist with the airbrush of thinned citadel black wash.

I ruined the first Instrument panel decal with a bad flat coat;

luckily my friend Gonzalo had a extra one in he stash and saved the day!

When the decal settled I lightly misted it with Model-master flat. Once dried I put a droop of micro-clear on the instrument faces.

The seat-belts are from the eduard US set but where originally green so I repainted them a light tan.

Paint chips where done with a silver crayon.

img0490gk.jpg

img0493zp.jpg

img0502mh.jpg

img0505zh.jpg