V -22 Osprey, Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron 263 ( VMM 263 ) „ Th

Yes ladies and gentlemen its done !!

V -22 Osprey, Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron 263 ( VMM 263 ) „ Thunder Chickens )

Al Asad Air Base ; Iraq 2007 / 2008

Building this Kit had been a challenge in a different way of modelling for me.

Now once again I need to say that i won´t be able to do it without the fantastic work of Mr. Dave Roof / Flying Lethernecks Decals and the support of Dave Fasset.

O.K. and here we go.

First I start with what I have changed .

The under wing section :

DSC_0126.jpg

The Intake was opened and filled with fan blades out of a Hase F-14 kit

DSC_0109.jpg

The smaller intakes :

DSC_0111-1.jpg

The exhaust :

DSC_0118.jpg

and the folded rotor blades:

DSC_0107.jpg

Here I go and show you some details which I took a hand on because not with the kit or had been ugly.

The door, not with the kit

DSC_0130.jpg

The back door hydraulic cylinder I took some needles for the metal parts

And the inner section was made complete scratch, only it´s hard to take a picture form

DSC_0123-1.jpg

but here you can see

DSC_0138.jpg

Some antennas

DSC_0144.jpg

And the taxi and landing lights

DSC_0131.jpg

But now I stop Talking and show you my result.

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I know there is still something not as good as it should be and so I´m open for all critiques.

Edited by Flight 666

Thx for your kind words.

Normally I would like it at the critique corner, but opened this threat at a wrong place a was asking vor a movement.

Now it´s here,and I don´t whant stress the mod again, about my mistake, but I´m not looking for compliments, but for something I Could have done better.

Don´t be shy ,

Weapons free !!!!

Edited by Flight 666

Looks good!

Not critiquing, just helpful info...

I don't remember a screen being inside the upper nacelle elephant ear doors when I worked on them. Is that something new?

I'm not sure if its the photography, but your empennage looks like it's drooping down on the aft end.

Also, I don't think that tail number had AVR-2A sensors on the side of the fuselage. The Block A and Block B aircraft did away with those sensors. The Block A Mod aircraft had a panel covering where the AVR-2A used to be. AVR-2A was short lived only to be installed on the EMD and LRIP aircraft. We did have them on EMD-RTF aircraft (Acfts 8, 10, 21, 22,23, and 24) I was the lead on the CV-22B ATA re-manufacture. The fuselage came back from Boeing with a panel over the AVR-2A locations since the Air Force doesn't use that sensor.

Edited by SteveV22FE

Looks good!

I don't remember a screen being inside the upper nacelle elephant ear doors when I worked on them. Is that something new?

I'm not sure if its the photography, but your empennage looks like it's drooping down on the aft end.

Hi Steve,

yes you right, this model had an accident just before the finish line and the tail broke away.

And when i fixed it was looking good and so I took it away for two day for drying.

And after two day.... But it was so solid and I was afraid to ruin the model if cut it again , and so .....

Every Model gets its own catastrophe.

Looks good!

Not critiquing, just helpful info...

Also, I don't think that tail number had AVR-2A sensors on the side of the fuselage. The Block A and Block B aircraft did away with those sensors. The Block A Mod aircraft had a panel covering where the AVR-2A used to be. AVR-2A was short lived only to be installed on the EMD and LRIP aircraft. We did have them on EMD-RTF aircraft (Acfts 8, 10, 21, 22,23, and 24) I was the lead on the CV-22B ATA re-manufacture. The fuselage came back from Boeing with a panel over the AVR-2A locations since the Air Force doesn't use that sensor.

Hi Steve,

I appreciate your explanation and the time you take to explain me something about this aircraft.

From your Nick and your words I can take you had been a crew member , or mechanic at the V-22.

This screen are a kind of artistic license , so forgive me that.

This sensors you are talking about, I´m not sure to understand you right, but I think, you talking about this 2 on each side in the middle of the Fuselage.

If you like, feel free to take my picture and mark it .

Thanks again, you are very kind !