Three helos, one A-4 all 1/72

Hi!

I'm planning a UH-1H, a Puma and a CH-47C Chinook al three Argentine Army Aviation during the Malvinas campaign 1982.

In order not to be pigeonholed as a rotorhead I'll be doing an A-4Q Argentine Naval Aviation from the same campaign...

Kits: ESCI Huey, Airfix Puma, Italeri Chinook and Fujimi Skyhawk.

ALL of them in the gentleman's scale - 1/72 ;)

Edited by Moggy

Nice! welcome aboard!

Thank you Pep!

@Azgaron: the Argentine Army Aviation Puma has very few "national" markings - if intersted I can post some pictures/drawings.

@el pibe vitina: exact colour for SA.330L Pumas in Argentina is a matter for discussion; a certain professional aeronautic artist from Argentina once told me that the Pumas were painted in a much darker olive green than the Hueys... This was borne out by the pieces of Puma helo exposed at the FAA Museum (Yeovilton, UK) and... yes it's me ;)

@CorsairMan: The quip about 1/72 being the gentleman's scale is said with tongue somewhat in cheek - everybody chooses whatever scale they feel confortable with and has fun building models it that scale or why not SEVERAL different scales! ;)

However I once put together the following "saying" (just in a spirit of fun - or for some good-humored banter or needling of friends with a sense of humor!):

1/32 is the REAL Braille scale - for the pieces are so big that even blind people can build the model!

1/48 is for those modellers with fingers too thick for DUPLO...

1/72 is the gentleman's scale - for size matters not but style and finesse DO.

1/144 is the bonsai scale - have a whole air force in your closet.

Running for cover, Moggy