Hi everyone -

Ok, being that I build sooooo slow....here's the project for 2012:

Fi156.jpg

and I'm using this set from Eduard to upgrade the interior:

Eduard.jpg

While I was waiting for the PE set from Sprue Bros, I glued up and painted these 200L drums that come with the kit:

f7678164.jpg

Now, onto the Argus AS-10 240Hp motor. First glue up the eight cylinders:

25b9b910.jpg

Next , prime all the crankcase and cylinders black (I'm using MM aircraft interior):

92071d19.jpg

Paint the crankcase and cylinders (the main color is Tamiya XF-53):

416a902e.jpg

Now glue the cylinders to the crankcase:

68983522.jpg

Argus motor looking good....intake manifolds are now in place. Also that is the middle seat in the background. The PE set has details for the seat framework, so I had to grind off the plastic bottom of the seat, leaving only the cushion support and the backrest:

064e5033.jpg

The Eduard PE set comes with a detail plate and factory emblem for the Argus AS-10:

30a90629.jpg

Here's the middle seat with the bottom PE details (my first use of a Hold 'N Fold from Small Workshop):

1f2c52b8.jpg

All for now...stay tuned....more to come.

Moving along on the passenger seat/gunner's stool:

Here's the PE replacement for the bottom of gunner's stool:

ee466d08.jpg

Stool is glued to back of passenger seat, primed with Tamiya XF-2, and painted with XF-22:

9fdfeff4.jpg

31e7e85c.jpg

e0bc489d.jpg

Now paint up seat/stool cushions with XF-49 (Khaki):

ff1ed4ae.jpg

More to come....

This should be a good one from you Irv if the start is any indication. I find the part where the wing attaches the fuselage interesting on this plane. Are you going to attach it to the in flight base that I think comes with it?

Hi Richard -

Thanks for looking (and the vote of confidence :thumbsup:). I'm going to do a vignette with this little gem of a kit...... it comes with a Rommel figure, and some ground crew, so that will be my focus.

From a building point of view, the Eduard PE interior kit is great....I'm soooo glad I got a Hold N' Fold....I cannot see putting this PE stuff together without it! :whistle:

Great build so far and love your work on the seat ,the PE parts deff. are a huge adition to the look of that seat need to get my self a hold 'n fold from what I see.

Nihad

Hi Nihad - thanks for looking, and the feedback.

Yes, when I saw the PE sets for this kit, IMO, it's a must-have. And now that I have gotten into it, I would advise everyone who likes PE, to get a Hold N' Fold.....makes life so much easier with complex bends.

I don't know how the ship builders did it with the long PE parts before the Hold N Fold.....make your own tool I guess :blink:

Edited by singeri

Next update:

Put a wash on the engine....I used Warpigs Black wash:

d842a1ce.jpg

Now back the ammo rack.....here's a pic of the Eduard PE instructions:

342bce06.jpg

These are parts 47 and 72 togther. No way to fold part 72 with out a folding tool:

a95e72f7.jpg

Here are the ammo clips before folding.....I did anneal these parts to remove the springgy-ness:

e7f03bc3.jpg

Now, I folded one ammo clip...whew! what a job:

8482363d.jpg

Here is a pic of the actual gunner's area in the Storch:

7122ecd8.jpg

And here is the PE build-up of that rear bulkhead:

a43506cf.jpg

all for now....stay tuned.

That engine is looking very realistic there Irv. And is part number 65 an ammo drum? It sure looks like a modern beta c mag!

Thanks Richard -

The Argus engine in this kit is a real beauty!

Yes, part 65 is the the ammo drums. I forgot what caliber the single gun is but there will be drum mounted to the gun as well when I'm done....stay tuned. :whistle:

Here are the PE rudder pedels glued to the plastic base (had to sand away plastic rudder pedals):

7a714014.jpg

The PE instructions show 2 pieces the replace the bottom of the control columns:

74afd291.jpg

Here are those 2 pieces of PE folded up and glued together....I don't see how to do this without a Hold N Fold :whistle:

659a08d3.jpg

Got a little done over superbowl weekend....

After glueing down the joystick and rudder pedals assemblies, prime with MM aircraft interior black....

c0917a8b.jpg

Next, a coat of XF-22, RLM grey....

dee9f299.jpg

now, paint the rudder pedals with XF-16, flat aluminium, and the joystick, handle with Buff and semi-gloss black...

d958d0c5.jpg

Next, add the rear bulkhead with the ammo cans...

78e929d6.jpg

add the passeger seat with gunner's stool to cockpit floor...

a90c353f.jpg

Painted fuselage floor area near cockpit floor with RLM grey...

e684f75d.jpg

all for now....stay tuned...

Very nice. I remember that F-100 you built, and if this turns out anything like that Hun did, we're all in for a treat!

Aaron

Thanks for looking Aaron. Appreciate the kind words.

I do occasionally go back to that F-100 thread and look at that project. It was for my dad, so my motivation was way up there for that project.

The Tamiya Storch is such a good kit, I had to build it. High recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

That interior is looking good Irv! Very detailed looking. And looks like plenty of ammo for the gunner too. :lol:

Thanks Richard. The Eduard set really makes the interior more interesting. Stay tuned for more; I'm enjoying this build.