What's New in Zactoland?

Edit: I am hijacking this thread because I like the title.

I'm going to use the thread to post some general updates until I have something good to post in individual threads.

Chris

Been a while since I checked in, from what I can see it's been pretty quiet here!

From a straight up selfish perspective, I'm wondering what's on the horizon for new products? Been a while since we've seen a new pattern from Alex - is that MiG still in progress?

I'm making rapid progress on my MiG-23M, so I'm of a mind to re-bump my old request for wheels - obviously the MiG-23 is of primary interest at this point, but I sure would love to see them also for the other Trumpy products - the Su-27 and Su-25! And no, the master caster (or whatever their name is) resin copies of the kit parts DON'T count.

Also heard a while back that the next missiles may be the R-23 and R-24? Hopefully we'll have some progress on that front as well, as I'd love to have a nice pair of Zacto R-23Rs to hang on this beast!

Keep the great stuff coming!

Edited by Zactoman

Hi Paul! Good to hear from you. I'm hoping we'll get to see that MiG-23 of yours soon.

As for Zactoland...

I've just been riding the aftermarket roller-coaster. One week you are so busy you can't keep up, the next you are praying for an order and dusting off your resume. Lately it's been the latter.

As far as new product goes, the 1/32 F-14 intakes were the hot item on my workbench. I was making good progress on them and having fun until Revell re-released the 1/32 MiG-29UB. :wacko:

Since then I've been juggling, keeping up with orders, keeping fresh molds poured, and stuff.

Stuff like getting the A-7 sets re-released. I am slowly filling orders on the waiting list and almost caught up (it's been a very bumpy ride :bandhead2: ).

You mentioned Alexander. He's been busy building an incredible OH-58D.

He's been sending parts here and there (I already released the MMS) and I will soon be releasing a big detail set for it. Here are some of the parts:

KW_1.jpg

KW_2.jpg

KW_3.jpg

KW_4.jpg

The set will include some other stuff including a bunch of photo-etch parts.

So, between this, that and the other thing I have kept too busy to get anything done.

This stressed me out so I decided to take a little time for myself and have some fun building a model!

(Between things) I am working on the new Revell 1/144 F-15E Strike Eagle and converting it to a JASDF F-15DJ (#091 !!!).

I figured as long as I'm at it, I might as well make some improvements and release them as a new product:

F-15_1.jpg

F-15_2.jpg

F-15_3.jpg

F-15_4.jpg

F-15_5.jpg

I will be releasing these parts this weekend some time.

You asked about the R-23/24. They are at the top of my missile list right behind an AIM-9J/N/P.

I'd like to do some wheels and other stuff as well. The list is getting longer.

First though, I am going to finish the F-14 intakes and get back to the 2-seat Flanker canopies.

(Oh yeah, there's also that 1/48 thing that everybody will go nuts about once it's released :whistle: )

And that's what's happening in Zactoland...

:cheers:

Wow! There was a real bunch up your sleeve! ;)

All those resin parts turned out nicely and look to be superb!

You're a real Resin Magician, my friend. :worship:

Can't wait those Kiowa parts to arrive and see then in the flesh!

Cheers and happy casting! :)

Alexander

:beer4:

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the nice comments Alexander :cheers:

I’m bumping this thread to use as an update rather than reply to the others. I’ll post something in those threads when I have more time or something to show.

I’ve been working full-time and then some lately and haven’t had time to post.

I’ve also fallen behind on e-mails and PMs except for those that deal directly with orders. Sorry :( , I hope to send some replies when I can...

1/35 OH-58D detail set- I’m putting the finishing touches on a few of the resin parts and have added several more than those that Alexander provided. I just finished the artwork for a very comprehensive photo-etch sheet.

I’ll be working on production molds and instruction sheets in the coming days. I’ll post pics in the proper thread once I have all the parts attached to the demo kit.

A-7 sets- I’ve been working non-stop casting parts and pouring fresh molds trying to keep up.

What’s up with this set? I thought everybody and his mother already had one yet the orders keep coming. It’s a good thing I’ve delayed sending out an e-mail update lately!

1/144 F-15 Detail sets- These sold like hotcakes for the first two weeks, outselling any of my previous releases for the same time-frame, but then sales stopped (why?). Too bad the profit margin is so small on 1/144 stuff (it takes the same amount of time to cast a 1/144 part as it does a 1/32 but customers won’t pay as much), I had some real fun mastering the parts and hope to do more some day.

Thanks for all the nice feedback from those who received them. Now let's see some builds!

F-14 intakes- Have been on hold since the MiG-29UB was released (see previous comments above). I have done a little putty work on intake #2 recently. I’ll be going full speed ahead as soon as I can get this back on the workbench.

The 1/48 scale project- I’ve been working on this on and off and should be ready to release it soon, perhaps at the same time as the 1/35 OH-58D stuff, maybe sooner.

Other stuff on the list- Sits, collecting dust, until I finish the above projects and/or recruit some talented pattern makers to help out.

• 2 weeks later...

OH-58 stuff is finished. I'm just waiting to receive the photo-etch from the vendor. The instruction sheet is going to be a real challenge since there are so many different parts included.

I'll post pics of the complete set in the "helo Bits" thread once I have everything fitted to the kit.

Otherwise no new progress on much of anything.

I'm mostly just concentrating on keeping orders filled and casting extra stock.

I will be attending the IPMS Seattle contest on April 7th and vending there. Hope to see some of you there!

You mentioned Alexander. He's been busy building an incredible OH-58D.

He's been sending parts here and there (I already released the MMS) and I will soon be releasing a big detail set for it.

The set will include some other stuff including a bunch of photo-etch parts.

F-14 intakes- Have been on hold since the MiG-29UB was released (see previous comments above). I have done a little putty work on intake #2 recently. I’ll be going full speed ahead as soon as I can get this back on the workbench.

Really looking forward to these two items! :thumbsup:

I have the Academy OH-58D waiting and I am really happy that PE details will be included in your set as this has not been available before. Strangely enough Eduard never got around to make a set for this subject... :unsure:

And the idea on getting a Trumpeter F-14 (A or D) just seem better and better the more I hear about those intakes. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...