My addition to this group build. I will be doing an AT-6/ SNJ Texan. I will apologize in advance as the pics are from a cell phone. The Cockpit area isn't to bad considering this kit was molded in 1979. This will be an OOB build with Alum. Tape seat belts.

photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

Seats.jpg

• 1 month later...

I dirtied her up as a WW2 Marine corps aircraft. I have had this aircraft finished for over a month but no way to photograph it or upload it. I went to the recently formed IPMS Qatar meeting & a friend of mine took pics of the finished build. I hope you enjoy it.

DSC_0979.jpg

DSC_0977.jpg

DSC_0955.jpg

DSC_0954.jpg

I enjoyed building this oldie. I think it turned out ok.

Cheers & Semper Fi,

Jason

WOW!!!...and I say that for two reasons first, that is one very sweet build, and second it took me all the way to the 20th of the month before I had a real :doh: moment. First I looked at the paint scheme and thought why is there an Avenger in the GB...then after a double triple take, my eyes finally realized it's an SNJ. Hey cut me some slack I've had a rough week; the VA wrung me out on Monday.

Excellent work Herc! I have a 1/5 scale AT-6 you can paint for me if you have nothing to do...lol.

A couple pints of paint and a case of Bud Light. We could get it done in a couple of weekends. Would have to go post that build and paint job on LSP.

Cheers & Semper Fi,

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
one thing is it just me or are you missing the rear canopy section ?!

In the gunnery trainer Texan, the rear seat swivels around so the gunner can fire a .30 cal machine gun.

The rear canopy 'pie piece' is attached to the rear sliding section, and when the gunner slides the canopy open (forward) the rear piece goes with it and rotates to become a windbreak inside the canopy (just in case the pilot has his canopy open too)

Hope this made sense... :wacko:

:cheers: