US Air Boeing 737 video build, Part 4

Really like your vids! They give a real good image of the work in progress, and I like it how you demonstrate the different techniqes you use along the progress.

Keep up the good work! She's turning out really nice so far ;)

Brgds,

Jordy

Thanks for watching. I don't pretend to be perfect. I have a lot of stuff figured out, but I am constantly experimenting and trying to find new and better ways of doing things. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't! But I always learn something, even if it is what not to do next time!

Thanks for watching. I don't pretend to be perfect. I have a lot of stuff figured out, but I am constantly experimenting and trying to find new and better ways of doing things. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't! But I always learn something, even if it is what not to do next time!

For me it doesn't matter what somebody's final result is. As long as i can see that the builder is enjoying the build. I really like the fact that you are willing to share your techniques with us. So that's a big thumps up for you! ;)

Have a good one!

Jordy

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, guys,

Just a little heads up about what is going on and why there has been no update on this kit in the past couple weeks....

I went to spray the Alclad on the fuselage and it crazed the Testors gloss black severely. Apparently, if you are using it over an enamel, this is a risk if you put it on too wet without some sort of barrier. Not sure how it would have reacted had I used Tamiya TS-14 as a base, which is a "synthetic lacquer" (whatever that means). So now I have to strip every thing and repaint, and apply a few lessons learned. The funny thing is, I didn't need a gloss black undercoat anyway unless I was going to use the Chrome or Polished Aluminum, both of which are too shiny for this jet. I would probably use Polished Aluminium on an AA jet, as they generally keep them shined up pretty good.

I was trying to get the 737 ready for JAXCON, but when the problem occurred a couple of weeks out from the event, I knew I did not have time to get it ready, so I switched from it to work on another aircraft (not videoed) that I had been working on for awhile in an attempt to get IT ready for JAXCON. Unfortunately, I did not get it ready in time either. Oh, well. It was still a good show.

In any case, Part 5 will post when I get it ready. In the meantime, Part 5 of Shuttle Wars video series was posted yesterday.

r/Gil

Edited by DutyCat

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the problem you encountered. the great thing about our hobby however is that you can really screw something up and start over again and still get a great result.

So good luck. Looking forward to the new update.