trying to find do217 decals

I am searching for 1/48 Do 217 decals. Especially the fuel, no step, etc stuff. I paint as much as I can (unit numbers/letters, crosses, etc). I have found that Eagle Strike and or AeroMaster put some out, but I have found none for sale or listed anywhere. I even checked Ebay a number of times. Any suggestions?????

I did find this site http://small-wonder.org/Gallery_00_Revell_Do-217.htm where a guy super detailed a 217, but there is no contact email listed to ask him what decal number/item number he used (AeroMaster I believe is what he used)

Bill

Edited by 148bill148

Bill,

The Eagle Strike sheet (#48010) does NOT have any maintenance markings on it, only squadron codes and markings, and national insignia. Xtradecal did two sheets for the Do-17 that did include a section of maintenace markings including stencilling and fuel markings. These were sheets X009-48 and X010-48. They may still be available on the Hannets website.

HTH,

Dave

If it's just standard maintenance stenciling, why not also search Bf-110 or Me-410's, I'm sure they didn't make custom stencils for every different a/c type.

Curt

I snagged a few Techmod sheets for the DO17 thinking the same thing, but the above link shows a DO 217 kit with a bunch of fuel hatch markings that I have not seen on anything thing else. Plus some other stencils in German (at a loss as to what they mean or are for) that Ihave no seen on other kits.

Did AeroMaster go under?

AeroMaster was aquired by Squadron some time back.

The markings he used on the fueling points look more like the RLM markings for oil service points and not fuel. The yellow 87 octane triangle under the cockpit should actually be the marking at each of the fuel points.

HTH,

Dave

I have found a few photos that look like some A/C have the fuel type triangles under the canopy. Not close ups, but that is what they appear to be. Plus, the decals that the above site photo's have on the wings (fuel hatches? Oil hatches?) resemble markings that I found in one picture in one book. One and only one picture. I have found none that have triangles on the wing though.

Aaaaa .....HA! i found out where the decals came from! They have to be included in the Revell FROM GERMANY Do 217 kit. The few built kits that I have found on the web all are from the Revell from Germany kit and they have the same markings. I take it that the ProModeler kits chinse on the decals. I have picked this up from the Ju 88 kits that I built.

Anyone have any sources of these kits? Heck, I am to the point now that I will just buy the whole kits for the decals .....