Cockpit Help

Hello Gents,

I am starting a 1/48 BF 110D-3 and I enjoy detailing the cockpit. I have searched the net but have not found any definitive pics on the Front pit in color, the Radio operator/ gunner position at all. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Cheers & Semper Fi,

Jason

Hello Gents,

I am starting a 1/48 BF 110D-3 and I enjoy detailing the cockpit. I have searched the net but have not found any definitive pics on the Front pit in color, the Radio operator/ gunner position at all. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Cheers & Semper Fi,

Jason

Maybe this helps:

cBM4A-8de193f4.jpg

5W7T9-8de193f4.jpg

5Wani-8de193f4.jpg

El6oi-8de193f4.jpg

cD4oi-8de193f4.jpg

nULQ9-8de193f4.jpg

cCwti-8de193f4.jpg

Sergey.

Basically you're looking at RLM 02 (light gray-green) or RLM 66 (black-gray), depending on when the plane was built. Late 1940/Early 1941 is when the transition from to 02 to 66 started to occur so kind of a judgement call on your part.

The pictures are of the cockpit of a Bf 110D-0 coded S9+CK. Shot down during the Battle of Britain. The cockpit is in RLM 66 Dark Gray. The transition to dark gray occurred in the late 110C to early 110D production.

Dates, for the most part, have little to do with the color of the cockpit. While it was officially changed in November 1941, it more depended on who made the aircraft. Fw 190 from the A-1 on had a dark gray cockpit. Some 109Es had 66 cockpits and some 109Fs had 02 cockpits.

The pictures are of the cockpit of a Bf 110D-0 coded S9+CK. Shot down during the Battle of Britain. The cockpit is in RLM 66 Dark Gray. The transition to dark gray occurred in the late 110C to early 110D production.

Dates, for the most part, have little to do with the color of the cockpit. While it was officially changed in November 1941, it more depended on who made the aircraft. Fw 190 from the A-1 on had a dark gray cockpit. Some 109Es had 66 cockpits and some 109Fs had 02 cockpits.

Yes indeed. For bombers Junkers were using RLM 66 in the parts of the interior visible from the outside early in 1940 on their Ju88s (probably other types too) and there is some evidence that Heinkel were using the colour pre-war. Always try and check a reference.

Steve