Now available here: http://www.zactomodels.com/html/F-15/F-15.htm

Note that there is a discount for ordering more than one set. (promotion ended)

The new Revell F-15E Strike Eagle is a really nice little kit but could use a little extra detail.

Featherless exhausts

F-15_1.jpg

Did I mention that these parts are small?

F-15_2.jpg

Ejection seats

F-15_3.jpg

F-15_4.jpg

Painting the details was easy compared to making them :wacko:

F-15_6.jpg

Centerline pylon and AN/ALQ-131

F-15_5.jpg

The centerline pylon is almost always present though it wasn't included in the kit. It looks like Revell will be including it in future releases as the holes are molded in the fuselage (not through holes but internal locations waiting to be drilled out).

Though the ALQ-131 isn't used on the F-15E Strike Eagle, I am including it for those who wish to do an F-15DJ conversion.

It could also be used for other aircraft such as the A-10 or F-16.

The exhausts and seat are molded in dark gray so that you can dry-brush lighter shades without hiding the little details:

F-15_7.jpg

I made these parts for a personal project I am working on (Yes, I'm actually building a model!).

I am converting the F-15E to a JASDF F-15DJ and will be doing it up in #091 markings:

DSC_0093.jpg

I'll post some progress shots eventually (and maybe even start an in-progress thread). For right now I've just done the parts shown above and started re-scribing the airframe to represent the DJ.

:cheers:

Edited by Zactoman
sales promotion ended.

Wow! You three bought out everything I casted up over the last several days. Not to worry, I'm casting lots more...

I was asked about what decals I'd be using for my F-15DJ conversion.

I found a set of 1/144 F-15J Aggressor decals from DXM Decal Shop.

The set I got is pretty nice but slightly off register.

I'll be using these as well as making some of my own.

Well, the cool thing about these sets, are that they aren't necessarily limited to F-15 kits. Like you mentioned, the pod can go on A-10's and F-16's, the seats can go in just about anything USAF, and some foreign stuff too (upgrade your DML cockpits anyone?), and the exhaust can go on B-1B kits too. I would imagine that the 1/144 guys are going to be all over these. Might be worth it to offer stuff separately too.

-Dave

Well, the cool thing about these sets, are that they aren't necessarily limited to F-15 kits. Like you mentioned, the pod can go on A-10's and F-16's, the seats can go in just about anything USAF, and some foreign stuff too (upgrade your DML cockpits anyone?), and the exhaust can go on B-1B kits too. I would imagine that the 1/144 guys are going to be all over these.
Thanks for the insight. Yes I had considered the seats might be useful by themselves but still didn't expect this initials rush.
Might be worth it to offer stuff separately too.
I'll see how sales go and consider it.

let me know when the next batch of resin cures!
There is no 'next batch'. It is one never-ending, continuously flowing stream of resin. :wacko:

Seriously though, I poured parts all night and will start casting again in the morning.

I fill orders in the order I receive them so feel free to jump in when ever you are ready. I'm hoping to be very busy in the near future!

Currently there is just the link here at ARC.

I will be adding links and a picture to my website home page tomorrow.

I have sent out a couple of sets for reviews here at ARC and Cybermodeler. I will be sending out a few more.

I will be e-mailing my customer list as soon as I finish up another interesting project, hopefully in about a week.

Wow! Chris, besides your never-ending resin cast process you make time to entertain yourself with building so small but fine things. ;)

And yet, two birds with one stone! Building a model for your own fun and offering some resin parts for fellow modelers. ;)

Great deal so far! :thumbsup:

BTW, very nice opportunity to diversify your production line. ;)

Those resin parts look awesome especially taking into account their size.

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander

Edited by Eastern

Awesome stuff! :yahoo: Just placed an order for five sets!

Now, if you were to knock up LANTIRN targeting and navigation pods and maybe a Sniper XR, too (sell 'em in a set with one each included), I'd almost bet those would sell like hotcakes as well. :whistle:

Edited by ChernayaAkula

Chris, I got mine the other day. AMAZING STUFF!!! Now may I BEG you to do a "nose" for an MH-53? I'll even donate the 1/144 CH-53 to use as a 'test kit'!!!

Thanks for the GREAT products! Looking forward to more 1/144 scale goodies!

MattP

Got mine this morning. HOLY CRAP! This set is really small!

Never before in my life I saw something this small and highly detailed like the nozzles...

And the ACES II seats.. I wonder if you are going to sell them seperately for the new RoG 1/144 F-16C?

Thanks for all the great feedback on these! :cheers:

I'm happy to hear that everybody is lovin em but somebody please do a build with them and post some pics!

I've been too busy to work on my DJ conversion, plus I discovered that a bunch of the conversion work I was doing was wrong.

I relied on a few posts I had found about converting an F-15E to an F-15DJ:

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=148430 which led me to this thread:

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=122407&hl=

This led me to believe that the DJ had panel lines like those on the earlier C models. I used the drawings in the Squadron books and started filling lines and re-scribing. Meanwhile I was digging up as many photos of the DJs as I could. I then started looking at those photos more closely and it appears that the panel lines are not like the C but like the E :bandhead2:

Sooo, I'm discarding all the work I did and bought a new E kit that I'll make just a few small changes to.

If anybody does have an accurate, comprehensive list of changes that should be made to convert an E to a DJ, please post the list. TIA.

Well, the cool thing about these sets, are that they aren't necessarily limited to F-15 kits. Like you mentioned, the pod can go on A-10's and F-16's, the seats can go in just about anything USAF, and some foreign stuff too (upgrade your DML cockpits anyone?), and the exhaust can go on B-1B kits too. I would imagine that the 1/144 guys are going to be all over these. Might be worth it to offer stuff separately too.

-Dave

I agree this scale is neglected and resin for anything is awesome, but the B-1B and the Strike Eagle burner cans are not the same, the Bone's is much larger and different upon close inspection.

B