Where did you find the extra kit? I've been looking around, and I can't find a vendor.
I got mine from www.plastic-models.com (there is a $5 discount if you order $30 or more.) This website will take you to this order page at a sister website:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAZMK&P=W

but the B-1B and the Strike Eagle burner cans are not the same, the Bone's is much larger and different upon close inspection.
I'm not familiar with the B-1. Are you saying they are different on the kits and one is not the correct diameter or different on the real aircraft?

Unfortunate... I would have loved to see a B-1 kit using my parts.

:cheers:

Edited by Zactoman

I got mine from www.plastic-models.com (there is a $5 discount if you order $30 or more.) This website will take you to this order page at a sister website:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAZMK&P=W

I'm not familiar with the B-1. Are you saying they are different on the kits and one is not the correct diameter or different on the real aircraft?

Unfortunate... I would have loved to see a B-1 kit using my parts.

Hi chris, Yeah the Bone Burner is much bigger than the Eagle and if memory serves me correct has more actuators/linkage and petals as well. This has long been an issue in the 48th scale world, hence you can't use the Revell Strike Eagle cans on the Revell Bone of that scale.

Edited by Brian 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh my God! :jaw-dropping:

Just get my two sets today...

I can't belive it. How could You do this?

Did You use some misterious aid or was it the fruit of your hands and your eyes?

Please let us know...

(I thought I was a master in this scale but this is just supernatural...)

To the 1\144 lovers: The level of detail is something You have never experienced.

I suggest You to buy now as He should change his mind and go back to larger scales!

Chris, my 1\144 details are so poor they can't cope with yours.

Thank You and hope to use this properly on my models.

Ciao

Giovanni

Got my set today-Most Excellent of course. I request the next subject in this scale be the---F-4 Phantom! (naturally).

Seats are similar enough to be used for other kits and the late F-8 used it. The exhaust could be used in the F-104G.

If the short exhaust done, the Vigilante. Thanks for producing in this scale!

• 2 weeks later...
Just get my two sets today...

I can't belive it. How could You do this?

Did You use some misterious aid or was it the fruit of your hands and your eyes?

Please let us know...

I'm happy to hear that you like the parts!

Yes, this was a test of my limits and yes I did have an aid.

I used a 7X optivisor as I can't see this stuff with my bad eyes. With the naked eye these parts are just blurry blobs. With my 1.75X reading glasses I can see that the details are there and look nice and crisp.

I did use my un-aided hands though. I wish they made glasses for hands or some magic potion that would shrink my giant fingers temporarily! :P

(I thought I was a master in this scale but this is just supernatural...)

Chris, my 1\144 details are so poor they can't cope with yours.

Bah! <_<

Your 1/144 F-18 was a huge inspiration for me! :worship:

I hope to see you continue that model soon or better yet build an F-15 using these parts!

Got my set today-Most Excellent of course. I request the next subject in this scale be the---F-4 Phantom! (naturally).

Seats are similar enough to be used for other kits and the late F-8 used it. The exhaust could be used in the F-104G.

If the short exhaust done, the Vigilante. Thanks for producing in this scale!

Lots of stuff higher up on the list but I do hope to do more 1/144 goodies in the future (or recruit some other talented pattern makers to do some sooner (see F-18 thread linked above ^ :rolleyes: )).

• 1 month later...

I received my F-15 detail sets over the weekend. Very nice details in such a tiny package!

Sure hope you'll consider other 1/144th projects. Have you considered selling the seats separately to detail other US 1/144th scale fighters?

I'm a satisfied customer.

Ed Kinsel

My opinion is he needs to start on B-52s. First create update sets - especially a cockpit - for the Revell kits, then eventually do a 'D' and earlier conversions. Now those all would be awesome.

• 4 months later...
all you need to make the revell strike eagle complete is the target and nav pods with pylons.

If you look at the kit you'll see that Revell has molded holes for additional pylons so I anticipate they will be releasing it with the missing pods and weapons some time in the future.

If I were to make the pods and pylons they would probably release the revised kit moments before I finished mine...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Order placed, can't wait to receive it and to start working on it.

Looking forward to seeing your build. Will you be doing an in-progress thread or keeping us in suspense for the finished product?

• 1 month later...

It seems that some replies in this thread disappeared when ARC crashed.

FlyingLow, I missed out on your reply on Nov. 29. Hoping you were saying that you'd be starting an 'in-progress' build soon!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the nice comments. I hope you are just as happy with the actual parts when they arrive.

As for shipments to the UK, it varies but generally about 6-10 business days. I shipped our package a week ago so hopefully it arrives early next week.

O Joy; this is where I end up buying the kit purely to make sense out of getting the resin bits. Again. :bandhead2:/>

Totally worth it, though. These resin pieces are amazing and really enhance the little Mudhen. Or, use the seat with the new RoG F-16 kit.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the nice comments. I hope you are just as happy with the actual parts when they arrive.

As for shipments to the UK, it varies but generally about 6-10 business days. I shipped our package a week ago so hopefully it arrives early next week.

:cheers:/>

Thanks, Arrived today ( picked item up from post office as to large to fit through my letter box, Well packed in that box) arrived in perfect condition, managed to 'shatter' one exhaust into 3 pieces, bit of super glue and should be ok .

I need to get some of these ordered, but I have to confess I'll be waiting for some- ANY- kind of good aftermarket decals for them before I actually build. I'd love to be in on the staff meetings for RoG when they make a new 1/144 kit, and decide "Now what horrible decal scheme can we put as the ONLY option for this one?"

:D

Maybe some more details for Revell's new F-16C kit? Or maybe an A-10C upgrade for DML's Warthogs??? Pleeeeeeeease?

JB

JB,

RetroWings offers quite a bit for the A-10 already: RetroWings Although I praise Zactoman for producing his excellent F-15 detail set, I cannot see how the A-10 stuff would make him much money considering someone else already produces 1/144th A-10 detail sets.

John

managed to 'shatter' one exhaust into 3 pieces, bit of super glue and should be ok .
PM sent.

Did you break it while cutting it from the pour sprue?

I've successfully removed a few sets by using a sharp #11 blade and making multiple cuts at the trim line. Don't try jamming the blade all the way through. Don't rush the cut.

Clean up the cut edge with a few passes of 600 grit paper.

Don't squeeze the part.

HTH

Keep the suggestions coming! I'm listening but just don't have time at the moment.