So with February and the start of the racing season fast approaching I figured I'd pin a thread for general racing discussion.

I'll start it off with being floored when I read that Peugeot was canceling it's factory race team and thus terminating all endurance racing. They've been the main competitor to Audi in the LeMans championships and the 24hrs for the last 5-6 years. With them gone there will be little to no competition. I'm not sure if they will make their latest cars available still to be purchased by the non factory teams but I did read that their full factory support was being shutdown as well. Cited the poor French economy as the main cause.

Sad day for endurance racing.

These duckbill F1 cars are REALLY ugly this season.

Ugh

No kidding, I do like the new safety car rule. Now when the safety car comes out lapped drivers are allowed to unlap themselves. So the leaders will not have to go through the slower cars on a restart.

No kidding, I do like the new safety car rule. Now when the safety car comes out lapped drivers are allowed to unlap themselves. So the leaders will not have to go through the slower cars on a restart.

Yeah that never made sense that they would leave all those cars in the middle. If nothing else instead of unlapping themselves they should have allowed the top 5-10 cars to pass so they could be in line at the re-start.

Thankfully McLaren's car doesn't have the duck bill and looks a million times better. I'm surprised Ferrari even went the route of the duck bill. I guess we'll know if it's the right way to go when the Red Bull car is released.

• 3 weeks later...

I see NASCAR started this weekend and shocking no one there was another epically huge accident with 2 laps remaining. What a bunch of sh%#^ that racing is. Why are they 500 miles when you're going to get wrecked at the end anyway? They should just have 25 lap sprints. (yes I know this was a shorter race but still) ((And no I didn't watch one second of it))

Boooooo

• 3 weeks later...

F1 starts this Friday morning with practice on Speed 1:30 am eastern!

Saturday's qualifying should really show who the frontrunners are as you can never believe anything in winter testing. Aside from the fact that the Ferrari sucks.

I'll be interested to see if this year's cars are as trouble free as last years. I can't really remember any time last year that a major competitor lost an engine or anything during a race. That reliability was amazing to me after seasons passed.