F-106 Delta Dart, 318th FIS

There, Finally it´s done!

Took a bit longer than expected but oh well...now it´s off to the display case.

The build wasn´t boring I just lost my mojo a couple of times, he kit it self was a delight...some fit issues but the over all details are gorgeous.

NOt much weathering to be seen and that`s simply because I never seen a dirty "Six" :P a bit faded perhaps but never dirty. So I chose not to weather my model much,

I out on a thinned flat coat tho to take off the toy like shine of the gloss surface and put one or two dirt streaks and that´s it.

What else to say? Well if you´re sharp eyed you´ll notice that I´ve built an early Six while it was late Sixes that had this particular marking...oh well

On to the pics!

DSC_6337.jpg

DSC_6340.jpg

DSC_6345.jpg

DSC_6347.jpg

DSC_6352.jpg

DSC_6356.jpg

DSC_6360.jpg

DSC_6364.jpg

DSC_6370.jpg

DSC_6374.jpg

More in part two

Absolutely magnificent! You have chosen my favourite markings for this aircraft; I had considered butchering my sheet to make a T-33A in a similar scheme (like the Czech Model 1:32 box scheme) but I am forced to re-think that now! Thanks for showing us this beautiful machine :thumbsup:

Nice, but too clean for my taste :-P

Whats next? An Alicat to accompany my build?

LOL almost too clean for my taste as well :P

I strongly suspect it´ll be a Finemolds Star Wars kit....kinda almost tradition to build one about this time a year.

My Alicat is planned for the Iran-Iraq war Group build later this spring.

I have several finemolds kit in my stash, but they are so fine it´s almost unreal - I am too much of a chicken to start on any of them - well, I did get one of the tie fighters glued together once.. maybe should get "Red Five" ready for Modell Göteborg also :-)

Will be looking forward to yet another build thread from you!

/E

I have several finemolds kit in my stash, but they are so fine it´s almost unreal - I am too much of a chicken to start on any of them - well, I did get one of the tie fighters glued together once.. maybe should get "Red Five" ready for Modell Göteborg also :-)

Will be looking forward to yet another build thread from you!

/E

Why? They won´t bite you, The TIE you did was awesome and they are all as nice to build :D

You should try the Y-wing, it´s so awesome to build it makes you cry of joy :P

whoa - that's seriously nice man! I always enjoy seeing your finished builds - very clean and tidy and nicely detailed

Thanks for sharing Aigore!

MH

Thanx Madhatter :D

Beautimus Janne! Hard to do 'em clean huh!?

Thanx Brian :D

Heck yeah, dirty is the natural state of my mind...emmm, that didn´t come out right :P

Another beautiful job my friend! :thumbsup:

:cheers: Gianni

Thanx mate :D

I like it. How hard would it be to cut the brakes and close them?

THanx Exhausted :D

Wouldn´t be hard at all, tho they were always open on the ground.

Nice work Janne! I'm glad to see her finally finished. :cheers:

Thanx Seb :D

Feels good to have it done, now my hobby room space is free for something different....