Would it be possible to build a UBT, buy kit bashing your Fulcrum C conversion kit and the UB update kit?

Call me crazy, but I like the looks of the UBT (304 blue and 52 blue)

Edited by sukoi
Would it be possible to build a UBT, buy kit bashing your Fulcrum C conversion kit and the UB update kit?

Call me crazy, but I like the looks of the UBT (304 blue and 52 blue)

I can't say for certain as I lack good reference on the UBT, but I'm inclined to say no.

Comparing the spine in these 2 pics, it appears that the UBT spine is fatter (taller) towards the rear between the v-stabs similar to an SMT.

MiG-29UBT (9-52)

MiG-29 (9-13) Fulcrum C

Also note that the UBT has the late model air brake/beaver tail as on the MiG-29M but has the early model, fatter LERX as on the MiG-29A or UB.

Note that "blue 52" still has the chaff dispensers as on a MiG-29A where "blue 304" has them removed as on the UB.

Yes, it could be built but it would require some bashing/scratch-building. I don't think the Fulcrum-C spine would be any help to you.

I'd start with the UB kit, add my upgrades (MiG-29A for "Blue 52" or MiG-29UB for "blue 304"), splice a Trump M or K air brake or scratch one and scratch a new spine.

:cheers:

This is UBT from failed Algerian contract that entered VVS later with SMTs.

Notice the spine here, its not like on SMT or earlier UBT, its like standard UB

Still question is, how airbrake looks on this one

I was refering to this UBTs when said in my previous post about refuel pod and antennas

1509790.jpg

1508211.jpg

To Sukhoi Su-27

The UBK just give the modeller more variety when it comes to weapons, but the UB is alot more prevalent. itake it that is why you were wondering about the UBK? I have not been keeping up to date with my Migs, the one in your pictures seems to be a simpler conversion, wonder if it still has short legs?

I would agree that it is just the addition of Chris's UB upgrade and a few scracthed or scavenged parts for the refueling pod. But, being the sceptic I am, I can't help but wonder if there is anything else needed. Would you happpen to know the designation of the aircraft? Want to do a bit of searching and maybe even start a post on the particular machine.

To Chris

I have gone over the ref's I have and you are correct (obviously), building blue 52 or 304 would entail quite a bit of work, lol, something I am not up to at the moment. An order for a few bits and bobs will be coming your way soon, and if I have not said it before, thanks for doing what you do!

Cheers

Original upgrade, known as MiG-29UBT, didn't have 9.13 fueltank, but SMT type fueltank. It had OKB destination 9-52

The one which is in service in Russian Airforce is standard frame with refuel probe, new cockpit (unified with SMT cockpit), some new antennas and slim lights. Destination of it is not UBT.

Russianplanes.net calls it just MiG-29UB (9-53), which is the correct name. Standard production code for UB is 51. 9-53 has standard airbrake.

PS: To add, they also carry flares, like on 9-13 and so on.

Edited by Berkut

Hm, intressting, i always thought that one i posted pics is actually UBT, guess there is always something new to learn :)

It would be nice if someone can post some pictures of that 9-53 version where upper fuselage is seen

Here are few good pics though but none from above

http://russianplanes.net/EN/ST/Mikoyan-Gurevich/MiG-29UB_(9-53)

No problem, glad to help. :thumbsup: Regarding top picture, i don't have one in my "vaults" either. I know a thread where i might find some, will try to take a look today. But i doubt you will see anything interesting there, other than camo.

I have looked high and low, and not found any pictures showing topside. The closest ones were of one of them in approach, with picture taken from behind. Haven't seen any cockpit pictures either.

I have looked high and low, and not found any pictures showing topside. The closest ones were of one of them in approach, with picture taken from behind. Haven't seen any cockpit pictures either.

Thanks anyhow Berkut, much appriciated. I will order the bit and bobs from Chris and get started.

Would any of those pics contain any armed aircraft? Need to know if I could arm my bird with Zacto boom sticks.