I need some Tail!

Hi

Topic description pretty much says it all, A future build requires a tall style tail and rudder for a Finnish Bf 109 G6. I plan on using a 1/48 Hasegawa kit, are there any aftermarket tail conversions? or is a kit-bash in order?

Cheers

Brad

Why do you need to convert anything? Hasegawa has produced both the conventional fin/rudder and the so-called 'tall tail' Bf 109G-6 / G-14 in both 1/48 and 1/32.

The Finns received both versions, so depending on which airframe you wish to depict, the work (and added expense) involved in converting a kit is unnecessary.

GRM

Why do you need to convert anything? Hasegawa has produced both the conventional fin/rudder and the so-called 'tall tail' Bf 109G-6 / G-14 in both 1/48 and 1/32.

The Finns received both versions, so depending on which airframe you wish to depict, the work (and added expense) involved in converting a kit is unnecessary.

GRM

Cheers, the G6 boxing i have only has the short tail guess i'll look for the G6/14 kit

Hi

Topic description pretty much says it all, A future build requires a tall style tail and rudder for a Finnish Bf 109 G6. I plan on using a 1/48 Hasegawa kit, are there any aftermarket tail conversions? or is a kit-bash in order?

Cheers

Brad

I'd look for the Fujimi 109 kit. It has both tails and a ton of optional pieces. If you build a "G" series aircraft you will need to do a little bit of rescribing, but not very much

gary

I'd look for the Fujimi 109 kit. It has both tails and a ton of optional pieces. If you build a "G" series aircraft you will need to do a little bit of rescribing, but not very much

gary

Hi Gary

thanks for the suggestion and i thought about the Fujimi kit and i actually have one being built as a G14(so this is why) but in my opinion the Bf 109 G fujimi kits are better off being built as later marks off the Bf 109 as the shape and engineering of the nose and cowling peices suits G10s and K4s much better as i think they had parts interchangabilty in mind, even though the hasegawa kits have their own accuracy issues i way prefer the surface detail and the front end of the model looks much better than the Fujimi kit in my opinion.

Cheers

Brad