Is Macro Photography Help or Hindrance?

I have enjoyed watching many great builds on this site. The use of macro photography brings out the smallest of details for us to enjoy. It shows the great parts of our models & also flaws we may have missed. We are able to take pictures of a 1inch long 1/72 cockpit and enlarge it over a hundred times. This kind of magnification is impossible with normal 20/20 vision.

With these two extremes it brings up my point of discussion: Is Macro photography a help or a hindrance? As modelers are we trying to make a perfect model that will pass scrutiny under magnification or to normal vision?

Cheers & Semper Fi,

Jason

I am new to the forum and building my first kit in 50 years. Macro "anything" was unheard of the last time I did. All I can say is "Hallelujah!" to the Internet, digital cameras and online forums!! Those small, detailed pics of other people's builds have been a huge help to me. Keep them coming!!

BD

I am new to the forum and building my first kit in 50 years. Macro "anything" was unheard of the last time I did. All I can say is "Hallelujah!" to the Internet, digital cameras and online forums!! Those small, detailed pics of other people's builds have been a huge help to me. Keep them coming!!

BD

Big Daddy

Have you seen this in view of what you write..I think you WILL ENJOY this... :thumbsup:

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=243416

The camera catches more than the eye even when not using macro. When I interviewed Frank Cuden a few weeks back we discussed this. He was amazed of the goober he had on a model he built for a magazine article. It wasn't until he saw the picture in the mag did he realize he....Ooops'd.

Use the digital camera as you would any tool in your scale modeling arsenal. It will help you make improvements to the final product.