EA-6B BuNo 161883 on USS Independence in 1994

:wave: Hi to all the U.S.Navy-, especially Prowler-cracks, I've got a question to you - if you let me ask... :blush:

Managed to find one of Hasegawa's earlier limited edition kits

K108 (04068) EA-6B Prowler "Independence"

while I was looking for a 1/72 Prowler to build.

Basic kit is "Prowler low viz" from 1987 with special decals and painting instructions. Last one tells:

BuNo 161883

NF 620

CVW 5

VAQ-136 "Gauntlets"

April 1994 Crew: Capt Ken Heimgardner; Lt Tony Parrillo; Capt Brian Calhoun; Lcdr Bryan Lower

July 1994 Crew: Capt Brian Calhoun; Lt Tony Parrillo; Capt Harvey McDonald; Lt Pat Bowman

USS Independence

I need to know:

What ICAP is this special plane? (Maybe I can use this?) :unsure:

:wave: Hi to all the U.S.Navy-, especially Prowler-cracks, I've got a question to you - if you let me ask... :blush:

Managed to find one of Hasegawa's earlier limited edition kits

K108 (04068) EA-6B Prowler "Independence"

while I was looking for a 1/72 Prowler to build.

Basic kit is "Prowler low viz" from 1987 with special decals and painting instructions. Last one tells:

BuNo 161883

NF 620

CVW 5

VAQ-136 "Gauntlets"

April 1994 Crew: Capt Ken Heimgardner; Lt Tony Parrillo; Capt Brian Calhoun; Lcdr Bryan Lower

July 1994 Crew: Capt Brian Calhoun; Lt Tony Parrillo; Capt Harvey McDonald; Lt Pat Bowman

USS Independence

I need to know:

What ICAP is this special plane? (Maybe I can use this?) :unsure:

Prowler1.jpg

Sorry this is all I can give you exterior wise. This was taken in summer of 1994 in the VA-115/VAQ-136 hangar. I believe it's either the ICAP II or ICAP II Block 86.

Thank you very much, VF-115EFR! :salute:

The painting instruction tells also to delete the blade-antenna underneath the front cockpit.

Aires will give to options on resin-upgrades ICAP II early and late. So I will have a look at the (noteable) differences.