Yak-3 - Zvezda

Thank you for the kind comments.

The kit went together very well and I was very impressed with the detailing of the cockpit and the quality of the canopy. In my view, it surpasses the Hase kit. As you know it does not have an imitation of fabric on the control surfaces, but I would rather relate it to the "pluses" of the kit.

The sink marks on the wings were not a problem at all - lest than 5 minutes of work on the wing surface with the nail file and they blended in perfectly. I even forgot that they were there in the first place.

The wheel wells are actually rather well done, but still need to be "opened" toward the center line.

But the best quality of the kit is its accuracy - I compared it to the drawings in AiV and with the measurements given by F.Luranc (on the wing) - almost perfect fit!

Edited by Balls Buster

Nice! I always wondered why Hasegawa never bumped their nice little 1/72 kit up to 1/48. Glad to see Zvezda stepped up on that one. Great job. A very spiffy looking airplane.

umm ... that Zvezda kit IS 1/72, and a snap together as well