And you guys call yourselves modelers?

I don't think I will ever call myself a modeler again. We are all toddlers compared to this gentleman. If you don't open this link, it is only because you are scared to find out how poor of a modeler you really are.

Maestro Young C. Park

http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/park.htm

Edited by Otto

Every six or eight months someone shows up here with that link. I've seen it before, and it's still impressive each time. Kudos to him and his skills and achievements, but that type of "modeling" doesn't even tickle my interest bone.

Aaron

I have seen those links before and personally they don't move my needle. I build models for the fun and relaxation and the light in my grandkids eyes as they look at them. When you start getting into that kinda stuff, IMHO it no longer becomes a hobby but an obsesion.

Frank

ATL

file033.jpg

Modeling is a craft and a hobby. Thus an individual can pursue it to the degree they find fulfilling and rewarding.

So, to see someone able to do something seemingly beyond our capability, is to forget there are those that find what you do as impressive or incredible.

I will now go back to study of me navel, as my current model is kicking my asterisk * .a0d1c557.gif

Impressive, you bet. Scale, 1/16th to 1/8th. At that size, I believe there are a lot here who could do just as well. This is, of course, just my opinion and worth what it took to write it. Regardless of scale, craftsmanship is craftsmanship. It is, however, easier as the scale gets larger.

Impressive! I agree it gets easier as the scale gets larger. Still, Pierre Scerri's 1/3 scale Ferrari 312PB impresses me more than Park or Glen... mostly because the Ferrari is fully operational and even sounds like the real thing. Just further supports what Hawkeye is saying though...

http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/scerri.htm

I'm not even going to get into a comparison match. I build and I love it. I build at a level superior to many modelers, yet I get blown away by what others have achieved. It doesn't mean that I am not constantly try to improve my work and make improvements in my skills and builds mind you. But in the end there will still be others who build over my level. I am very impressed by what this individual does and his craftsmanship is first rate. I know I will likely never achieve that level, but I am happy that he has found enjoyment from doing something he likes and is willing to show us his achievements in the process.