Congratulations Ray. That is one fine Huey. I'll bet it's the most colourful in your 1/72 scale Huey fleet. Your base is excellent too and it helps to really highlight the bright colour scheme of the model. The fire extinguisher adds a nice sense of scale to the whole scene. I can't see that there is anything that you can add to the whole scene to improve it. It just looks good as it is.

The only issue I have is that you have finished your model very nicely and I haven't even got the two fuselage halves on my model glued together. That ain't right! In fact, I think you have more than enough time to start another Arctic/Antarctic model and you will easily have it finished before the deadline in June. Well done again. Thanks.

LD.

You guys are too kind. I'm glad you like it. The base is one of my favorite parts as well. Alexander, I'm not even in your universe, my friend, but I appreciate the kudos. LD, you better get busy cause I'm about a day away from having another Huey finished! It's not a GB bird though.

Ray

I'm about a day away from having another Huey finished!

And where are the photos for this one Mr. Picture Man.

I like this build, like I said in the helo forum you need a frozen GI rethinking his enlistment standing next to the bird. :thumbsup:

And where are the photos for this one Mr. Picture Man.

I like this build, like I said in the helo forum you need a frozen GI rethinking his enlistment standing next to the bird. :thumbsup:

They are up in the helo forum :taunt:

Philip,

Thanks but your N model is looking awesome!

Ray

Edited by rotorwash
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Ray-

Loving the scheme on this Huey! It's the first time I've seen this scheme and it is a nice break from the normal OD scheme. Nice job on the mods, I may have to use some of your ideas on the my UH-1B that is sitting on my desk. Again, terrific job!

Cheers,

Alby