Making use of a 1960s era kit...

Here is what I did with the old Revell Heinkel He 219 kit that was missing some parts of the tail, I converted it into a He 219J-5 be shortening the tail a bit and adding some unused Ju 88 tail parts leftover from another projekt.

The radar antenna was added early on in the construction of this model and was a P.I.T.A. to work around but I managed to do all the putty and sanding work and painting without breaking them off!

On to the pics....

400329417.jpg

400329416.jpg

400329415.jpg

400329397.jpg

400329392.jpg

400329389.jpg

400329388.jpg

BTW, there was no He 219J-5 version, my model is 100% what-if.

Matrixone

Very fine work, Sir! You refer to this as a Sixties-era kit; I believe I can recall caning my 10-speed 7 miles or so to a store that had this thing on the shelf before anyone else...wasn't especially interested in WWII Luftwaffe stuff, just thought this one looked really cool! Can't remember much about it now -some idea that it was molded in a rather attractive light blue plastic? Them wuz the days! :rolleyes:

Thanks ChippyWho!

I remember building this kit back when I was in grade school, it was one of my favorite builds at the time. Not sure how long I have had this kit that I just finished building, must be at least 25 years.

Matrixone