Kinetic F-16I 1/48 First model in ages.

Well i am new to the forums. I thought i show you my first project in years, not gonna be easy but i am gonna give it ago. Gonna be building a Kinetic F-16I Sufa 1/48, i also got Python 4's and 600gal tanks with the pylons, plus 2x Eduard Resin seats, as the guy in the shop said they are the only resin seats that fit the shallow tub of the kinetic. As i not modelled in ages he said the Aires pit might be too much for me just now.

Well the normal shots that i see on most posts.

DSCF2013.jpg

DSCF2014.jpg

Wish me luck and i try and keep the post upto date as i go.

Thanks chaps, Been a busy bee painting the cockpit and putting little things together such as the gun incert and the fuse incerts as i have read that they can be a bad fit. I wanted to make sure they fit nicely and if needed filled. Once it starts coming together i post some pics. Also quick question whats the best way to tackle the Eduard seats? Not used much PE and resin in the past so i a newbie when it comes to them.

Well i half inched the lower half from my F-16D Barkeet kit to continue. Have to wait for luckymodel before i know what to do with that kit. Anyway back to the Sufa. Even with the horrible fit on some parts worst being the intake mating to the fuse. Alot of cursing on that, i got it there kind of. Still a nice gap not sure how to take care of that. Well i have a lot of filling to do, as well as some fine detail painting in the undercarriage areas. Been experimenting on a spare canopy to try and get that tinted front end i post pics once it's dry.

This is where i am as off 20 mins ago:

DSCF2023.jpg

DSCF2024.jpg

DSCF2019.jpg

DSCF2022.jpg

Well update time. I can safely say that i don't ever recall using so much filler on a model before, even with the fit issues and the amount of filler i am still enjoying this build. I have made a change i am now using one kit seat with a pilot and a resin seat for the back. I had a wolfpack seat spare from a cockpit set i brought no idea how i ended up with 3 seats but there you go. I have also been thinking weapon load outs as well this is how i see it so far:

1/9 AIM-120

2/8 Python 4's

3/7 not sure yet i was thinking Spice an a GBU-12 on TER? or Spice and GBU-15. Opinons needed on that.

4/6 600Gal tanks

5R AN/AAQ-14

5L AN/AAQ-13

5 Not sure yet.

Even though the pic shows 2 resin seats i had to choose the one that fits the best in the rear CP.

On with the show

DSCF2028.jpg

DSCF2032.jpg

DSCF2031.jpg

DSCF2037.jpg

I also done which look good against pics for the Carbon fiber look, please tell me what you think??

DSCF2029.jpg

DSCF2030.jpg

Been a couple of days since i posted so update time. I have some small details to paint plus the nose, also have some little details to do in the undercarriage and general clean up. The whole thing was brush painted, tried airbrush i could never get on with one. So the hiry stick is my weapon of choice. Weapons have been made and painted but decals to do yet. Next up will me the seats and pilot i used another seat from wolfpack and scrapped the belt details off so the pilot sits flush, i gave up on the kit seats they just did not want to go together.

DSCF2047.jpg

DSCF2048.jpg

DSCF2046.jpg

I don't think that lower fuselage is as bad as it might appear, It's at the flattest part of the fuselage and once you glue it up to the upper fuselage,and intake trunk they will be the more rigid assembly, and the warp will have to follow the contour of these structures.

Curt