Well, I was going to spring for the Trump one, but I'll rather give my money to Zvezda. :D

It will probably be much easier to make a 'standard' Su-27 from the Trumpeter J-11B than the Zvezda Su-27SM.

That's assuming that Zvezda mould the IRST ball integrally with the windscreen (Su-27SM is offset, Su-27/J-11B is central).

But no matter, both firms will eventually kit a 'standard' Su-27 - its just that you will probably have to wait longer for Zvezda's.

Let's celebrate the fact that we now have, potentially, TWO lines of accurate, affordable, 1/72 scale Flankers :thumbsup::banana:

Ken

PS - Looks like I'll have to do something with my stash of Airfix Su-27's & Heller Su-27UB's :bandhead2:

Edited by Flankerman
  • 4 weeks later...

3D design of the model is almost completed.

Nice to hear! so we can except some pictures in near future on their FB page. I ask them about length mentioned in catalog, which was wrong, that they have plans to produce best model of flanker on planet in 1/72!

Recent Zvezda releases have been very well received; I really hope they get the Flanker right (the new Trumpeter 1:72 Chinese versions hardly inspire confidence) and get around to making the whole family! :woot.gif:

• 2 months later...

actually from what I've seen the trump 1/72 flanker is pretty good. What have people got against trumpboss?

Good attempt, but not fantastic by any stretch.

• 3 months later...

Bad news, and good news. Bad ones first.

Su-27SM will be released in 2013. Early 2013.

Good news:

It will be excellent quality as promised by Zvezda

Excellent news:

In 2013 they will also release Su-33. Most probably with folding wings. When it rains, it pours... :woot.gif:

Good news indeed! :thumbsup:

I hope 2013 will also see the release of the Mi-24P. Damn, Zvezda's getting a lot of my money these days. And will probably continue to do so...

And a 1/72 Fulcrum family after the 1/72 Flanker family, pretty please!?! :pray:

They should, I mean any company should do a modern Fulcrum kit. We've waited for too long. I'm sure this will be the definitive one.

Your dream will come true next month, while in another popular scale. ;)

Yufei