What about the SU-7?. The kp one is good, but a new one would be nice.

1:72 scale.

Modelsvit (who brought us An-124 already) has announced Su-7BM and Su-7BK. They probably won't be Zvezda quality - but IMO the KP kit is pretty crude by todays standards so they will be more than welcome.

Edited by digit

Yeehaaaa ! Where does the info come from ? Will the family include the "half-humped SMTs" ?

I hope they'll consider the Su-17/22s one day.

Info comes directly from "horses mouth", Zvezda forum where Zvezda official asked if people are interested in new tool Fulcrum family, and which versions. There were a lot of suggestions as one might imagine, but in general it has been settled at 9.12/13 for the start and then K/KUB.

Info comes directly from "horses mouth", Zvezda forum where Zvezda official asked if people are interested in new tool Fulcrum family, and which versions. There were a lot of suggestions as one might imagine, but in general it has been settled at 9.12/13 for the start and then K/KUB.

Ok thanks. I doubt that the project has been initiated then. Zvezda's probably focused on the Flanker family.

Hopefully it will be accurate out of the box. It's pretty sad that, as I've read, no accurate Flanker exists in any scale yet. With the combination of CAD and the resources available, it should be possible to build a model accurate to within fractions of an inch. I've built reasonably accurate 3D models of extinct aircraft (Read: CV-990) with much, much less...

Good news:

It will be excellent quality as promised by Zvezda

It is admittedly Zvezda doing PR for upcoming projects, but I still think it is a bit presumptuous to promise "excellent quality" when any Zvezda Flanker kit is vaporware at this point. I hope that they are, and I will buy multiples is so, but I reserve judgement until there are actual molds cut. I'm not super interested in the single seaters anyway, so no matter what, I'll have to wait to see what they offer in the two seat realm.

Hoops

Edited by Hoops

It is admittedly Zvezda doing PR for upcoming projects, but I still think it is a bit presumptuous to promise "excellent quality" when any Zvezda Flanker kit is vaporware at this point. I hope that they are, and I will buy multiples is so, but I reserve judgement until there are actual molds cut. I'm not super interested in the single seaters anyway, so no matter what, I'll have to wait to see what they offer in the two seat realm.

Hoops

What else did you expect them to say? :huh:

Considering the person who said that knows how much manpower and information is going into the project, i am sure he has ground under his feet to make such claim. And recent Zvezda kits speak for them self. But whatever, in general i agree to philosophy of "I will believe it when I see it". :)

Hmm, only the best one on the planet? Competition from Mars is stiff, they better produce the best one in universe, otherwise i would not buy one. :(

I wouldn't worry about the Martian model industry building a better Flanker - they are way too busy with our RC cars at the moment.

They will do Fulcrum family.

That's great news! :thumbsup::yahoo:

<...> in general it has been settled at 9.12/13 for the start <...>

That might just be even better news! :thumbsup: While the newer versions are also pretty cool, the 9.12 and 9.13 are the ones I need a dozen of. Each. :coolio:

Your dream will come true next month, while in another popular scale. ;)

Yufei

Is Zvezda going to make another 1:72 mig-29? I mean there are too many Russian fighter jets in 1:72 and 1:32 (trumpeter, ICM, Zvezda, Italeri ...). I prefer they make a 1:48 mig-29, and we really need Russian fighter jets in 1:48 which is most popular scale.

Edited by Jeff

Is Zvezda going to make another 1:72 mig-29?

Zvezda has never done 1/72 MiG-29s. They only reboxed the Italeri and Nakotne kits.

I mean there are too many Russian fighter jets in 1:72 and 1:32 (trumpeter, ICM, Zvezda, Italeri ...)

Many 1/72 have accuracy problems and there's no good 1/32 MiG-29 9.12.

I prefer they make a 1:48 mig-29, and we really need Russian fighter jets in 1:48 which is most popular scale.

I assume that's exactly what Yufei was talking about !

I know most ppl would like to get 1/48 for the sake of details and it's presentable isn't it.. But I for one would just content to see others building 1/48 and 1/32 and myself buying and building 1/72.

I just can't resist owning more than 1 kit of one subject that I like. It would be killing to own multiple kits in 1/48 kits.. let alone completing and displaying them..

1/72 probably sell more (in qty) than other scales, not too expensive.. satisfy my needs (I'm a decal whore), I don't really feel that bad with all the earlier models that I already owned even if another company decides to builds a better kit.. I don't have to worry much about space.. 1/48 is good enough in box or completed in someone else shelf.. better not mine.

I don't mind buying all acceptably produced kits of the same subject in 1/72, but I'll probably keep the best one in 1/48.

So, Zvezda.. please 1/72

I'm from South East Asia.

Hey 1:72 is the most popular scale then. Does that sound alright to you?

Hi Jeff,

It's not about popularity but about what I like. For me 72nd is managable, but I also do some 48th and even have a few old Hase 32nd. Still I prefer for myself 72nd which would not mean that I think, and will make a statement that: 72nd is the most popular! Everyone should do what they like.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

Hey guys

to be honest I didn't understand where you got the info about Zvezda releases from. I just went through their forum and here is a summary:

1/72 Su-27SM to be released early 2013 ( they also working on su-33)

1/72 Mig-29 - there is no mention of this chap to be released any soon. From what I understood Zvezda will focus on 9-12 and 9-13.

1/48 The only info is that there gonna be a "surprise" kit this year (but not su-2)- there is no information AT ALL that it's going to be MiG-29 (I personally think It's going to be one of the following Yak-3, Yak-9, La-7 (probably and easiest one- lots of stuff in common with La-5) or yet another Me-109)

Cheers

Yuriy

Hey guys

to be honest I didn't understand where you got the info about Zvezda releases from. I just went through their forum and here is a summary:

1/72 Su-27SM to be released early 2013 ( they also working on su-33)

1/72 Mig-29 - there is no mention of this chap to be released any soon. From what I understood Zvezda will focus on 9-12 and 9-13.

1/48 The only info is that there gonna be a "surprise" kit this year (but not su-2)- there is no information AT ALL that it's going to be MiG-29 (I personally think It's going to be one of the following Yak-3, Yak-9, La-7 (probably and easiest one- lots of stuff in common with La-5) or yet another Me-109)

Cheers

Yuriy

First two points comes from as i have said:

Info comes directly from "horses mouth", Zvezda forum where Zvezda official asked if people are interested in new tool Fulcrum family, and which versions.

MiG-29 project has not started yet, they just tested the waters so to speak.

And yes, on Zvezda forum there was a mention of surprise 1/48 kit, but don't confuse it with the yet-to-be-announced new tool MiG-29 that Yufei and Gabor has been mentioning. That is not Zvezda, that is someone else. Well, i can't say for sure, but i would place my money that it is not Zvezda out of several reasons. We should know within a few weeks i suppose.