1/32 CF-18B- Re-Post with NEW & better pics

Guys,

I know that I've posted pics of this bird before, but the reality is that the pics sucked, mostly due to user error and a fairly poor camera, SO, I have re-taken many of the pics with a new camera and posted 20 of them below. I know it's a bit corny to re-post a build, but I wanted the best pics out there of this Canadian legacy Hornet, so thanks for indulging me. :rolleyes:

For those who might be interested in how this model came together, the build thread is here:

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=196766

Now the NEW and IMPROVED pics!

CF-18B-1-1.jpg

CF-18B-2-1.jpg

[CF-18B-3-1.jpg]

CF-18B-4-1.jpg

CF-18B-5-1.jpg

CF-18B-6-1.jpg

CF-18B-7-1.jpg

CF-18B-8-1.jpg

CF-18B-9-1.jpg

CF-18B-10-1.jpg

[

Edited by chuck540z3

Thanks Guys, I don't really expect much in the way of feedback, especially since this build is over a year old and this post is a "re-do". I just wanted to make sure that my best pics were available in the ARC archives, so there you have it!

Thuck

...WOW !!! Thise are REAL COOL photos... :jaw-dropping:

The close-ups shows off your SKILLS and the detailes on it

so much better now...New camera works well then... :whistle:

I ma pleased that you posted these agan...

SHE IS STUNNING and seeing it again is just a FANTASTIC. :worship::worship::worship:

Chuck

Absolutely beautiful! I'm glad you reposted. The better pictures are definitely worth seeing.

I especially love the painting in the first pic. Strange, how a sitting MP would put his name on something illegal like flying below 100 feet in a river valley... Though, knowing him, it comes as no surprise! :thumbsup:

I'm feeling inspired to make myself a dual as well.

ALF

Chuck

Absolutely beautiful! I'm glad you reposted. The better pictures are definitely worth seeing.

I especially love the painting in the first pic. Strange, how a sitting MP would put his name on something illegal like flying below 100 feet in a river valley... Though, knowing him, it comes as no surprise! :thumbsup:

I'm feeling inspired to make myself a dual as well.

ALF

Hi Dan- and thanks for the kind words. Who exactly is the "sitting MP"? Can you share any more info on this gentlemen?

Thanks to everyone else who responded as well.

To tell you the truth, the painting is fairly bad overall, but the artist NAILED the CF-18's, even though there's no way in heck they would fly that low in a mountain valley, but I like the painting anyway. I like to have some art on the walls to compliment my models and I like to put my most recent build in my "place of honor", which is on top of a cabinet I have full of modeling supplies. Here's another shot, which shows a bit of the build before the CF-18B, which is an F-14B of VF-101. Hopefully in the next few months, the Tomcat will get moved to another spot, the CF-18 will take it's place, and my latest F-4E build will be the new top dog in my modeling cave. ^_^

DSC_7069.jpg

Edited by chuck540z3

Hi Dan- and thanks for the kind words. Who exactly is the "sitting MP"? Can you share any more info on this gentlemen?

Your print is signed by Laurie Hawn, ex-CO of 416 and he also ran Col Lake's Base Ops before he retired. He is currently a MP with the Conservatives in Edmonton. I have been in his office several times. Both when he was in the military and as an MP. I coined him the last time we were together. He is a good man.

I never grow tired of seeing your Hornet. I think you are likely one of the most skilled modelers I know.

Edited by Scooby

Your print is signed by Laurie Hawn, ex-CO of 416 and he also ran Col Lake's Base Ops before he retired. He is currently a MP with the Conservatives in Edmonton. I have been in his office several times. Both when he was in the military and as an MP. I coined him the last time we were together. He is a good man.

I never grow tired of seeing your Hornet. I think you are likely one of the most skilled modelers I know.

Thanks for the info Gary- and a really big thanks for the compliment. I AM NOT WORTHY!, to quote Mike Myers in "Wayne's World", a fellow Canuck.

Edited by chuck540z3

Haha.....thanks for the 'nod' Zoomer!! Always great memories.

Absolutely stunning Hornet Chuck!! You really nailed it.

Hawnsky is quite an interesting fella. I was lucky enough to be partnered with him for a 'rousing' game of Crud. Good times!!

• 2 weeks later...

To tell you the truth, the painting is fairly bad overall, but the artist NAILED the CF-18's, even though there's no way in heck they would fly that low in a mountain valley, but I like the painting anyway. DSC_7069.jpg

Chuck

I guess now that Scooby and Tilt have "outed" Hawnski, I won't send it to you in a PM. Here's a pic taken in the spring of 1990, when 416 (Hawnski's squadron) and 433 (my squadron) did a joint deployment in Lahr, Germany. We were both Rapid Reactor units at the time. It was fun working with the guys from Cold Lake while in Germany. We also had one of the squadrons from Baden (think it was 439) come down and operate in Lahr at the same time. Laurie Hawn is back row, 4th from the left (blue turtleneck and round 416 patch on his baseball cap). I'm two spots further to the right in the back.

pilotesCF-18433et416mod.jpg

I know the picture is not realistic. But it looks great! I love the artistic impression of extreme low flying and beautiful scenery, and the aircraft are really well done.

ALF

Chuck

I guess now that Scooby and Tilt have "outed" Hawnski, I won't send it to you in a PM. Here's a pic taken in the spring of 1990, when 416 (Hawnski's squadron) and 433 (my squadron) did a joint deployment in Lahr, Germany.

ALF

Wow- very cool "back in the day" pic Dan! Thanks for sharing- and for the info on Hawnski.