1/48 Jolly Rogers F4-B Phantom II

I got this kit on the cheap (A$20) from a mate and although it has raised panel lines (to my disgust) I bought it with the intention of building it for Chris' Jolly Rogers collection as a F4-B of VF-84 (circa 1965). And before you say it, "the Jolly Rogers had N model Phantoms", I know, but I wanted to do a B in the original waving flag scheme. And yes, I am aware the Ark Royal kit has blisters molded on the nose and tail, I intend to remove them and fix the gaps where the blisters are removed with some plastic card and putty. Now, since Jay has started his Demon and I was going to do mine (and still might) I'm going to do this build first. I have been away with the family for the past three days and took it with me to start and this is what I have come up with so far;

IMAG0060.jpg

I couldn't get P/E for a F4B so modified some from a RF-4B set. I know there's probably huge differences but really how much do you see in there?

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

I hope you keep watching and like the build.

Regards

Andrew :cop:

Thanks Guys,

The decals are the Cam Decals, Jerry. They went down really well. The only issue with them is that the fuselage stripe is about 15-20mm too long and they cracked as I laid them over the fuselage in a couple of places. I was lucky to be able to get the stripes back together without any other issues and the Tamiya yellow is a perfect match for touch up. If you want a sticking point the 'USS Independence' is longer than the 'NAVY' but is the same on the Microscale sheet! Chris and I are happy with it regardless and I thank you again for them.

Regards

Andrew :cop: