AIM Ground Equipment

We assembled the first LOX cart today - it seems huge in 1:32, when I am used to 1:72! Here are a few photos of number one, as yet unpainted.

1 - This is a screen grab from CATIA (the CAD program) when it was being designed

800-LOXcart.jpg

2 - Left rear three-quarter view of the assembled 1:32 LOX cart. It is all cast metal except for the tank and control box which are resin (the 1:72 and 1:144 versions are all metal, i.e. no resin parts).

GE32013-1.jpg

3 - Right rear three-quarter view of the assembled 1:32 LOX cart.

GE32013-2.jpg

4 - Right front three-quarter view of the assembled 1:32 LOX cart.

GE32013-3.jpg

5 - Left front three-quarter view of the assembled 1:32 LOX cart.

GE32013-4.jpg

6 - The LOX cart and Das 86 ground power unit for size comparison.

GE32013-6.jpg

They should be available from hanne#ans within a ferw days - watch their web site!

Neil

Neil - when are we going to see this and the dash-86 in 1/72nd scale?

Chris

In about two weeks time - the Dash 86 masters were not acceptable so I had to get new ones made. We have the LOX cart in the workshop in all four scales now.

Neil

DELIVERIES

The 1:144 and 1:72 LOX carts, plus 1:72 and 1:48 MD300 tractors will be going to Hannants tomorrow (Monday, 6 Feb 2011) plus some other items. Small quantities of the 1:48 and 1:32 versions of the LOX cart will also go, with the remainder following next week.

Out of interest, I attach a photo of the 1:48 tractor bodies in the workshop, waiting to be packed.

IMG_0783.jpg

Neil

Edited by tnuag

Great work Neil. Thanks for bringing some GSE to the marketplace.

Out of curiosity, do you provide any reference photos in your kits at all? Also do any markings or stencil data need to be sourced elsewhere or do you include a decal sheet?

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Any chance we could see a USAF MD-3 power cart

and some 50s USAF Heavy tugs? and combo powercart/ tug units

Thnaks

Scott

MD-3 should be in Hannants in 2 to 3 weeks. If anyone can come up with drawings of the tugs - yes.

Neil

Great work Neil. Thanks for bringing some GSE to the marketplace.

Out of curiosity, do you provide any reference photos in your kits at all? Also do any markings or stencil data need to be sourced elsewhere or do you include a decal sheet?

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

I will be putting the source photos I have used on our web site, plus downloadable files to print your own decals - when I have time!!!

Neil

Edited by tnuag