First Photography Show

Hello!

This past Friday, I had the opening night for my first photography show, titled "In-Visible Light". It has sixteen pieces and they are all photographed in infrared. I used two cameras, a point and shoot with external infrared filter, and a modified SLR that has the internal filter changed out. I was really excited about it, and there was a pretty good turn out for it. It is a three month show at Exploration Place in Wichita Kansas. They pick three people a year to display art that has a connection to science. They were blown away with what I was able to capture in the infrared spectrum. I encourage anyone in the area that wants to check it out! Just let them know at the desk you're interested in looking at the photographs and they should let you see them.

If you're not in the area, here is the link to photobucket and a couple teasers:

001.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

Thanks for looking!

David

Animal -

I tried using my Hoya R72 on my D300s and it was a bit awkward. I think that I am a spammer, please report this post. uses a really good internal IR blocking filter that it took seconds long exposures to get anything of a decent image. I certainly don't want to dissuade you from trying though! The modified camera I got is a D200, and I have so much fun with shooting a dedicated IR.

I'd love to have the 600mm!

David those are absolutely beautiful!

is the IR mod a permanent one or can it be changed back?

It could be changed back...all you have to do is open the camera back up and swap the filter back to OEM. But...since I have two DSLR, it's permanent.

David

Thos eare EXCELLENT photos..

Would have loved to seen more but your link to photobucket says it is PRIVATE and needs a password...oh well... :whistle:

Fixed!

Congratulations on the exhibit, David! That's really nice work you have there. I'm still holding on to my old 300D, with the thought of having it converted to IR one of these days. It looks like you can get some neat stuff.

Animal -

I tried using my Hoya R72 on my D300s and it was a bit awkward. I think that I am a spammer, please report this post. uses a really good internal IR blocking filter that it took seconds long exposures to get anything of a decent image. I certainly don't want to dissuade you from trying though! The modified camera I got is a D200, and I have so much fun with shooting a dedicated IR.

I'd love to have the 600mm!

I've thought about picking up a D200 if I can find one reasonably priced and converting it. Since I'm not familiar with the internals, I'll talk to LifePixel about conversion to strictly IR.

I do a lot of wildlife photography so hence the 600mm purchase in September of 2015. Gonna go shoot some bald eagles at Harrison River in Mission in November of this year after I get the TC-20EIII, and in November of 2015 after the 600mm f/4.

I got my D200 on ebay, it was already modified (by LifePixel) for a steal. The photographer selling it was upgrading everything to full frame. Not only did I get the body, but the extras they had for it I got as well...the big one being the WT-3a wireless grip!

I've been really pleased with the LifePixel conversion. Only downside being to get into the camera they had to peel the rubber grip back the front by shutter release. I have to keep pushing it back down, although I can always glue it down if I want.

The past three years there has been a pair of bald eagles that are nesting here in Wichita. I actually lived at the apartment complex for a year they come to. It has a fairly good size lake. All the birding experts are amazed they come here, its right next to a road. Here is the local article and the

that goes with it. Edited by archybean