Pretty Asian woman on ARC

Is there anyway to get rid of that sickening "Find Your Pretty Asian Woman Today" advert that keeps popping up at the top each time I come to the ARC forum? I am finding it annoying, especially with family members around ( and even when they aren't). She's not that pretty. <_<

You are lucky..... All I get is a burger advert....

Try clearing your cache as most of these adverts are geared to what you have on your computer. Hence the Burger advert I have....... Computer operating systems ad and trips to exotic places ads.

Cheers

Emil

No two person see the same ads on ARC: the ads are chosen by Google's ad placement engine depending on the sites you've recently visited, your location, and whatever information Google has inferred about you based on your past Web surfing record. As I am typing this, all I am seeing are a bunch of car insurance ads; which makes sense since I used this laptop to search for some car insurance quotes yesterday.

No two person see the same ads on ARC: the ads are chosen by Google's ad placement engine depending on the sites you've recently visited, your location, and whatever information Google has inferred about you based on your past Web surfing record. As I am typing this, all I am seeing are a bunch of car insurance ads; which makes sense since I used this laptop to search for some car insurance quotes yesterday.

So what you see is based on your surfing history. Interesting... I'm wondering if Jackman is regretting that he posted his message :)

All I get are ads for PC-anti virus programs. Not sure what that says about me.

So what you see is based on your surfing history. Interesting... I'm wondering if Jackman is regretting that he posted his message :)

Sleazy-looking Asian women? Alright, who's been using my computer? :smiley-computer012::whistle:

Seriously though; I don't think google's ad engine is very accurate. For the past few days I've been looking at airliners. net ( for Special Anniversary aircraft schemes) as well as scouring E-Bay for modeling aftermarket parts (specifically the 1/72 Grumman Avenger update sets)

Firefox with AdBlockPlus

Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try.

Btw, now we all know what Emil's been looking at :)

as well as scouring E-Bay for modeling aftermarket parts (specifically the 1/72 Grumman Avenger update sets)

So you were one of those guys bidding on the KMC sets that went for crazy prices last night?

The sets went for in the vicinity of $55-60 each. Crazy.

I've got some BS ad stating that I should 'let my events manage themselves." Whatever that is for I do not know.

I also currently have one for a cancer treatment center, so I hope all is well with my health! I have a surgery scheduled for next week to remove the surgical hardware from my tibia/fibula fracture but I don't think it will be too much of a big deal... Damn you ARC, now you've got me worried!!!

I don't think it has that much to do with your browsing history.

I mostly get singles adds, automobile adds and Warcraft also. I have NEVER played any Warcraft. The only one that fits is maybe the car adds.

This is my work computer that if used for anything other than work has only visited facebook, modeling forums, weather websites, and perhaps a long-distance shooting forum.

Our internet usage is monitored/filtered through our IT people, so no freaky stuff is allowed or even possible here.

No worries JackMan....

So you were one of those guys bidding on the KMC sets that went for crazy prices last night?

The sets went for in the vicinity of $55-60 each. Crazy.

I was monitoring that one. Wow! Over US$50 for something that's not even a complete model. 1/72 scale yet! I think the seller was a collector or something. IIRC a couple of his sets were stated as still in the wrapping or something. Maybe the high price bidders were other collectors too ( as opposed to us mere modelers who actually USE those parts <_< ) Still, it wasn't as bad as the auction for the Pete's Hanger 1/72 F-111B conversion set. I cannot fathom anyone paying over US$300 for that set.

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=244371

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250980878527?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Btw, moose & model-junkie, what versions of FF & AdBlock plus are you guys using? The sleazy Asian lady won't go away. I'm still using FF ver 4 & Ad Block plus ver 2.03. I'm hesitant to upgrade 'cause I'm afraid some of my nice FF Add-Ons won't work in the later versions.

Edited by JackMan

"Modeling" and "Models" are key words for other things besides little plastic kits ...

Gregg

:lol: :lol:

Remind me not to google IPMS. I do not want to see Sanitary Napkin women's hygiene adverts when I come to ARC forums :rofl:

Today its "adult footy pajamas" yesterday is was date site for women over 50!!!!!????? THe add above now is match.com.

Seeing as the only thing I look up is the news, ARC and Z5 its getting annoying... Mind you some of those 50 year old women are doing pretty good. Not as good as my 40 yr old wife but not too bad. :thumbsup:

Btw, moose & model-junkie, what versions of FF & AdBlock plus are you guys using? The sleazy Asian lady won't go away. I'm still using FF ver 4 & Ad Block plus ver 2.03. I'm hesitant to upgrade 'cause I'm afraid some of my nice FF Add-Ons won't work in the later versions.

I'm using V7.0 of FF, and V1.3.10 of ABP, but I've been using it since V3.3xx of FF, and have never seen ads on most sites. You might check your configuration on ABP - do you have the red stop sign when the page is open?

I'm using V7.0 of FF, and V1.3.10 of ABP, but I've been using it since V3.3xx of FF, and have never seen ads on most sites. You might check your configuration on ABP - do you have the red stop sign when the page is open?

I only see the red stop sign when I go to 'Tools' -> 'Add-ons' on the FF menu bar. But not on the webpage itself. Have to go now but later I'll try uninstalling & re-installing ABP. Thanks for your help :cheers:

HA! You've been found out! The Google knows you've been looking at those Idolmaster birds again! ;)

Curses! I've been found out! But who can resist imaginary Anime women?

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1002/anime-babes-anime-babes-orihime-rangiku-demotivational-poster-1266643144.jpg

:woot.gif:

Edited by JackMan