Toko 1/72 Nieuport 11C.1

This year we celebrate 100 years of military aviation in Serbia, so I plan to make quite a few kits with our markings.

The first one will be Toko's model of our Nieuport 11 "Le Mome", which I'm going to try and improve using Parts' PE set, Eduards' Lewis, I presume also a little scratchbuilding...

th_m00a.jpg th_m00b.jpg th_m00c.jpg th_m00d.jpg th_m00e1.jpg

The decal sheet is aftermarket, produced by Serbian team "Lift Here!" (http://lifthereserbia.wordpress.com/), which is mostly concentrated on Serbian and Yugoslav Air Force.

From the same sheet I have already made an Ni.17, and plan to lay my hands on Rodens' Ni.24s ASAP... just to clear stash a little...

Works have started with thinning of the interior fuselage sides in order to incorporate Parts' PE frame.

This is the same half before and after the thinning:

th_m02.jpg

Immediately afterwards I have painted Hu 103 for both colour of canvas and a base for wood texture:

th_m03.jpg

Later I mostly painted wood and small parts, and set to work with etched parts:

th_m08.jpg th_m09.jpg th_m10.jpg th_m11.jpg th_m12.jpg

Unfortunately most of it won't be seen once the fuselage halves join :crying2:

Bad on Part: etched upper frame is too narrow in the cockpit area, while too wide at the front end :huh:

Not been able to correct this, I moved on... After some sanding of the middle part of the lower wing, it went on flawless

th_m16.jpg th_m17.jpg th_m18.jpg

Now just to drill holes for cabling on the horisontal stabiliser, fix it, and off to painting we go...

All comments are welcome! :rolleyes:

After paintbrushing 3-4 layers of CDL (Hu 103), piccolino was glossed and decals applied:

th_m22.jpg th_m25.jpg th_m26.jpg

I used combination of original Toko roundels and tail flag + number and "Le mome" from LH! edition of Serbian WWI markings...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...