Dry Transfer Stencil Application Questions

So I'm going to be using HobbyDecal dry transfer stencils for the F-16 I'm currently working on, I'v never used them before and was curious if anyone had some input on how to best apply them. I've been reading up on it, and some recommend using either a coin, back of knitting needle, or toothpick. Anyone have a preference? Also, I used Gunze Mr. Color paints, can I apply the stencils directly over the paint (will I scratch off the paint with the rubbing tool?) or should I put down a coat of future first and then apply?

Thanks,

Dan

They work best over flat coats and warm. I used a variety of tools to apply, mostly a wooden stick (something beefier than a toothpick, a pick won't cut it). I wouldn't use a coin, seems like you wouldn't have much control over where exactly you are rubbing. Basically, something firm with a decent rounded point to it would be best.

Like what Brian said, they seem to go best on flat coats. Be careful not too rub them too hard because you might damage the film.

As for the tool, I found a ear cleaner set at the nearby supermarket that works wonderfully well. It looks something like this, except mine's made from metal:

7169_4813784004918816adcc9f.jpg

Like what Brian said, they seem to go best on flat coats. Be careful not too rub them too hard because you might damage the film.

As for the tool, I found a ear cleaner set at the nearby supermarket that works wonderfully well. It looks something like this, except mine's made from metal:

7169_4813784004918816adcc9f.jpg

Do you use the "fuzzy" end or the hard end?