I'm not usually a ship builder but I see Encore has released the USS Olympia with a lot of goodies.I've built the Revell kit years ago. I'm assuming they are using the old Revell Molds for this kit, my question is has anybody bought this kit yet, I have been aboard the USS Olympia many times down at Penns Landing in Philly, She is a beautiful ship to tour and holds a ton of history with her. Thanks, Rob

I don't have it but I do know for sure that it is the old Revell molds. I have 4 Encore aircraft kits, and in my opinion, they are a good value considering the corrections and add on parts they provide for already decent plastic kits.

• 3 months later...

Building it as we speak. Unless you really want the wood decks, I'd opt for the cheaper kit and just get replacement main barrels. Not that it needs them and the other barrels are so small no one will ever miss them.

The kit suffers from the fit of the old Revell kit, but the casting is not too bad. There is a bit of flash on some parts, but nothing major.