Wasn't aware that this GB was actually going ahead.... Thanks Ross for letting me know! :cheers:

I started working on this little bird a few weeks ago. Because I've already started an "In Progress" thread (CLICKY!), I thought I'd just keep updating that thread, and simply bump this thread every time I update the other one.

Cheers!

:D, No problems Mike and welcome to the build. I was hoping you'd be around soon seeing as this GB was your idea in the first place. Your Angels F/A-18 is looking pretty good there mate. I know that jaundiced yellow colour has something to do with the BA markings but at this stage it does look a bit weird.

:cheers:,

Ross.

• 2 weeks later...

Just sprayed the first layer of blue paint tonight.

IMG_4605.jpg

I actually tried to create paper masks, but it was too hard, so I abandoned the idea. I certainly hope the CAM Pro decal is opaque enough so that the blue won't show through.... :unsure:

• 1 month later...

I did the burner quite a while ago but kept forgetting to upload the pics.

IMG_4607.jpg

Used a piece of paper to sand off a couple of areas where some stray lint ended up on the surface during spraying and got trapped in, then sprayed 2nd layer of blue coat.

IMG_4606.jpg

I did this at least 2 months ago. Have not had the chance to put in more bench time since then due to ridiculous work load and travel lots, including spending 2 weeks in Sillicon Valley! Just got back in Oz last Sunday morning. Jet lag is still killing me!

'Later! :cheers::thumbsup:

I just started applying some of the decals. I'm so happy to learn that the CAM Pro decals are quite opaque. None of the blue actually showed thru.

Sorry, no pics yet.

• 2 weeks later...

The spine decal was an absolute disaster!!! :angry:

As soon as I saw the decal, I knew it would be bloody hard to apply it properly, and I was RIGHT! It probably would've been much easier to mask and spray, and the result would've been much better!

IMG_4614.jpg

IMG_4615.jpg

IMG_4616.jpg

I'm gonna try to touch up with paint and see how it looks. If it looks like crap (which I'm sure it will), I'll probably strip out the decal and paint instead. DANG IT! :bandhead2:

Looks like I'll have to completely get rid off the decal. After leaving it for a few hours to settle down, there are a couple of places where air bubbles had formed, despite using Tamiya Mark Fit generously when I applied the decals. Oh well... I'm not looking forward to the masking.... :bandhead2:

Sprayed quite a few layers of Blue Angels Yellow on the spine over the last few days, at least 5. I think it's ready to be unmasked... Although I gotta say, I'm a bit apprehensive... I might wait for the last layer that I just sprayed on a few mins ago to cure for a few hours, maybe overnight, before unmasking...

IMG_4618.jpg

• 2 weeks later...