Trumpeter M1078 FMTV w/ Armored Cab

While doing some searching last night on the net, I came across that Trumpeter apparently has in development the M1078 FMTV vehicle, w/ an armored cab.

The company I work for, supplies some parts for this vehicle, so I'd like to build it when it comes out, but apparently it hasnt been released.

I was just wondering if anyone has any idea when it might be available?

Hopefully soon. They originally announced it and showed a pre-production build of it about 2 years ago.

TrumpeterNew-Armored-Truck_Cab_C-1.jpg

They have had the standard M1078 LMTV out for about 3 years now. I did a review of it in May '09.

lmtv_box_art.jpg

They are also planning to release an M1083 5 ton with armored and unarmored cabs.

Here is the armored M1083 pre-production build from the Nuremberg Hobby Fair this week.

03g.jpg

and from almost two years ago (Jun '10).

TrumpeterNew-Armored-Truck_Cab_Conc.jpg

They have also announced an LMTV triler and the USMC MTVR truck. You can see all of them, in at least pictures, from their catalog at PMMS (scroll down at the link).

Edited by HeavyArty

Thanks Gino.

I had seen that apparently its been close to 2 years since they'd originally announced they'd be doing the up-armored version, but couldnt find anything beyond that. I hope they still do it. I was talking to the sales manager at our office today, and mentioned that this model was available, and I was thinking about building one, and displaying it at the office, so I really hope they do produce it.

The nice thing is that w/ the basic chassis kit, it wouldnt be too incredibly difficult to build any of the FMTV variant vehicles.

Edited by Adam Baker