Aircraft built in Texas

Just putting up a list of what was built in Texas. I'm certain i missed a few, these are jets, there must be a few prop planes as well.

F-102 Delta Dagger

F-106 Delta Dart

F-111 Aardvark

F-16

B-58 Hustler

B-36 Pacemaker

Lots of choices out there for the jet guys, any prop guys know of any?

All Vought/LTV aircraft from mid-1949, so you get the F6U Pirate (which were partially built in Connecticut and final assembly in Dallas, the move massively disrupted F6U production), the F7U, F8U/F-8, and the A-7. For experimental craft the XF8U-3 and the XC-142 can be added to the list. You also get late F4U-5 production as well as the AU-1 and the F4U-7.

As to North American, I'm not sure about the T-6, but definitely the P-51C and K and some D models were.

There would have been only p-51 c and k models built in Texas. The C's and K's were identical to B's and D's the difference being that former were built in TX and the later in long beach.

There would have been only p-51 c and k models built in Texas. The C's and K's were identical to B's and D's the difference being that former were built in TX and the later in long beach.

That's correct for the C, but not for the D/K. D's were built in Dallas as well, the spotting feature was the 'Dallas Hood'. K's were Dallas-built D's which had the Aeroproducts Propeller, they were not identical to the D. All K's were Dallas-built, but Dallas also built around 1500 D's prior to the introduction of the K.

Edited by mawz

That's correct for the C, but not for the D/K. D's were built in Dallas as well, the spotting feature was the 'Dallas Hood'. K's were Dallas-built D's which had the Aeroproducts Propeller, they were not identical to the D. All K's were Dallas-built, but Dallas also built around 1500 D's prior to the introduction of the K.

I was not aware of that, as far as I had ever known the d/k was the same plane. Cheers, always good to learn something new.