1/72 Hasegawa F-4N VF-84

Andrew,

thanks ..but a little problem after I join the main parts, got some nasty seam along the intake, I hate the modular mould design..look like will have a party with putty later.

Did everyone get the same problem on the Hasegawa Phantom, or it is just my alignment that's went wrong, and It's supposed to be the best 1/72 phantom kit, but I also see ejector mark on all the doors and some are among the raised detail which is hard to remove. sigh

DSC05489.jpg

DSC05490.jpg

DSC05492.jpg

Can't say Thomas as I've never built a 1/72 Hasegawa Phantom. The 48 ones are two piece fuselages. Having seen a lot of your build work this won't be an issue for you I'm sure and I look forward to seeing your end result.

Regards

Andrew :cop:

My first few (like 10) had that issue. By the time I hit 50 the seams were not happening. Weird I know. It was not like they were being built differently, just with practice the seams got much less noticable.

THe worst area for me was always the intakes, but yours apear pretty good.

Guys, this only mean I need to build more Phantom to gain more experience..ha ..ha..

Anyway, putty and sanded the seam, I think it look OK, but still need to replace the lost line. However won't be able to work on it for the next couple of weeks, will continue after that..

DSC05496.jpg

DSC05497.jpg

Later

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...