JRV Lockheed T-33 Oz-Models 1/144

Thanks John, I appreciate kind words, I am doing my best but this hobby is constant learning and improvement and that is why these forums are such great places.

Friends from forum in Slovenia have helped me fix some errors and I am about done with painting and ready for decals.

I gathered decals from different sources, the base set is from Balkan Models, they are one of best decals I ever had chance to use. They are thin, with great color coverage,they settle into my really narrow panels with just Micro Set and still sturdy enough you can move them around for positioning. the rest is from spare box and numbers I printed myself.

IMG_3795.JPG

In position:

IMG_3799.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG

Thanks guys for comments and everybody else for looking!

Decals are sealed with another layer of Future, non skid areas on wings are also painted and very light wash applied. I mixed three different tones for different areas: gray between aluminum panels, ochre between the yellow and black for wheels wells and undercarriage. Wash is so light you can't even see it on pictures but I promise it really is there :-)

IMG_3803.JPG

IMG_3804.JPG

Next a light layer of flat and assembly...

Edited by FlyingLow

Thanks John, Nicolas.

It is done, before the final assembly:

IMG_3805.JPG

On Saturday I attended "Silicon Valley Kick Off Classic" and was pleasantly surprised with wining third place with it

even though I am not really building for competition. It was great event and it was pleasure to chat with many modeling

colleagues.

IMG_3810.JPG

At first chance I will make few finished photos outside in natural light and add them into gallery.

My Friend you have a bigger pair than me, if I had opened a kit that looked like this in the beginning it would have ended up in the trash, yet you have taken it and turned it into a master piece, truly a stunning build especially in this scale.

G

Thanks guys.

Graemb, to be honest I had second thoughts too, so I decided to build in stages. Whenever I would get sick of it I would put it aside for a while and get back when I was relaxed again :whistle:

Aigore, you must be Igor or is it Frau Bluecher?

Dragan, I am waiting for some sun, we just got late rain here in Northern California and since I don't have good setup for taking photos I rely on mother nature to provide lighting.

Thanks spejic, I didn't see you, have you been there just for a short time? lucky for me you didn't enter anything in 1/144 :whistle:

I was in an out. I forgot my camera so instead of staying for a long time taking pictures I went out to eat lunch and wandered around the convention center. I think I mis-interpreted what the announcer said after the last raffle - I and a lot of others thought there wasn't going to be an award presentation so I packed up and left at that point.

The F/A-18E was mine. It was this one.

FlyingLow and Spejic: Your 1/144th work amazes me. On one hand I wish I lived in the same geographical region as you guys so I could see your work in person, but on the other hand I'm glad I don't have to compete against such stunning work :lol: :cheers:

John

Spejic, I didn't see your F/A-18, I was there in the morning and then had to leave and only came back after the award presentation started already. I saw your build here in Forum and I am sorry I couldn't see it in person.

John I don't think you have much to fear from us, your builds are excellent.

I also entered the Hawker Hunter in Swiss - Papyrus scheme:

Link to Gallery