Rolando Raffaut aka rotorhead65 aka raffmeister aka saraf

The details of the transaction are all posted under the hyperscale forums if you search my last name Falen, but basically he posted that was looking for a Tamiya Do-335B, I responded and we set up a deal. I gave him the first class postage rate since priority was more than the kit. That was a mistake as I found there is no insurance or tracking option for first class. After he paid, I said I would have it out the next day which I did (Monday Oct 17th). On Nov 2nd, he filed a paypal complaint after only two weeks saying I hadn't responded to emails he sent, but I did not receive any of the three alleged emails he claims he sent. At this point (or possibly his plan all along) he decided he had been wronged and nothing could soothe his injured ego so he was getting his money back no matter what. He proceded to call me names (which he seems to good at if you check his ebay feedback as raffmeister where he calls a seller a "retard"), etc, etc, which resulted in his post here being deleted. I tried to reason with him pointing out that a quick google search showed that the Australian postal service was having delays which of course I cannot control. My last communication with him was me sending a photo of the receipt showing I had sent the package on the day I said I would, Monday October 16th. Even with this proof, no apology, no whoops I was too hasty, or anything. He got his money back because first class is not trackable like priority. I have found out that even if it was priority I cannot prove that it gets to the buyers house, so it would be refunded anyways. It happened one time before in the 12 years that I have been selling on ebay. Not surprisingly, after three months he has still not renewed his search for a Do335B, so I can only believe that he did in fact get his kit after all, as well as all of his money back courtesy of paypal. Be warned that if you ship internationally, paypal gives sellers absolutely no protection if a buyer wishes to file a claim. Your only option is to file an insurance claim with the USPS.

Sellers have never had any protection in either ebay or paypal. A buyer can negatively feedback a seller at any time but a seller is not allowed to negatively feedback a buyer if they take 2 weeks to pay for an item or never pay at all? Were you in contact with Paypal as well? If your auction was setup as first class international and you have the receipt as proof of shipment there's no reason they should take the money back.

This is another reason I also will never ship anything international over ebay or if you do charge them an arm and a leg for the services that offer tracking or a signature or something.