Need some advice on a gravity feed AB

Thanks for chipping in Cyrus you just cleared the issue of the difference between those 2 AB.

You mentioned mixing in the cup in your post and it made me happy because from the pictures i saw of gravity AB i was starting to wonder if you can actually mix your paint strait in the cup like i do on my suction feed!

I have preety much made up my mind and its going to be in between these 2

#1-> Badger Krome

#2-> paashe Talon

I know Don has made the review for both these AB and im wondering if anybody ever compared them

Cheers

Neo

I can appreciate your dilemma. But, I think you would be happy with either. They feel about the same to me. They weigh the same. In my hands, the Krome does finer lines and it has the same hose size as your Vega. But, it has the tiny tip that you have to be careful with. The Talon has larger, easier to handle parts, and with the largest size nozzle can blow out a lot of paint if you need that. It would be nice if you could handle a Talon and see if the large cup bothers you.

Good luck with your choice.

Don

I can appreciate your dilemma. But, I think you would be happy with either. They feel about the same to me. They weigh the same. In my hands, the Krome does finer lines and it has the same hose size as your Vega. But, it has the tiny tip that you have to be careful with. The Talon has larger, easier to handle parts, and with the largest size nozzle can blow out a lot of paint if you need that. It would be nice if you could handle a Talon and see if the large cup bothers you.

Good luck with your choice.

Don

Thanks Don your contribution is really helping my choice

i was actually thinking of getting the Talon package that include the 2 cups large and small + the 3 needles and 2 points . im going to start price watching and ill probably get the one i can get the best price on!!

Cheers

Neo

Thanks Don your contribution is really helping my choice

i was actually thinking of getting the Talon package that include the 2 cups large and small + the 3 needles and 2 points . im going to start price watching and ill probably get the one i can get the best price on!!

Cheers

Neo

Now you've got me confused. My Talon has a permanently attached cup, and it's big. Have you got a link to that model?

Don

Cheers

Neo

Are you talking about the MOJO3 when you mentioned the "small" cup Talon?

instock.jpg

Now you've got me confused. My Talon has a permanently attached cup, and it's big. Have you got a link to that model?

Don

Woah sorry Don your absolutely right its the Neo for Iwata that has a interchangable cup!!

ive been looking at so many aibrushes that im cunfusion myself!! :blink:

Can we mix paint strait in the cup with all gravity feeds (or at least the ones im looking at)

Cheers

Neo

Edited by Neo

Just get a Damn airbrush man, it seems like the forum is just making it more complicated for u. Don't get an airbrush just cuz everyone tells u to, get the one YOU want.

Don't listen to this terrible advise.

It is unfortunate that airbrush is one of the tool that you cannot tell how you like it until you try. It is an important tool for you to enjoy the hobby. It is worth investing the time and money to get the right one by learning from the lesson of others. If everyone tells you the same thing, it is a good chance that you may like it too. After you get it, be patient to learn how to use it properly. This forum is invaluable for these purposes.

Don't listen to this terrible advise.

It is unfortunate that airbrush is one of the tool that you cannot tell how you like it until you try. It is an important tool for you to enjoy the hobby. It is worth investing the time and money to get the right one by learning from the lesson of others. If everyone tells you the same thing, it is a good chance that you may like it too. After you get it, be patient to learn how to use it properly. This forum is invaluable for these purposes.

I think you missed my point, because I just said exactly what you just did, I just said ir in a more direct way, of course he won't know till he tries it, that's a given, but if you read all the comments everyone is suggesting the ones THEY like, all I was trying to say is that he should get the one that suits him better, clear enough for u?

whoa that almost got out of control !!!

I understand your point about having to try it first BUT the budget says you get 1 and you live with it for the next couple of years so getting feedback from peaple that use them or like Don who has many reviews on his site and has tried many of them those comments/advice feelings are very valuable.

for example someone gave me info on the diference betwen the Krome and Velocity witch i did not know. And another comment opened my eyes to the Talon so this is really usefull

Feel free to bring more comments and suggestion and maybe even comparaison

Cheers

Neo

Yeah I get you Neo, my apologies if I got a lil bit jumpy there, but I agree with u. If you want, call coastairbrush out here in California, they are pretty much it when it comes to airbrush needs, tell them what you want it for and they'll help you out. Don't forget to mention ir budget tho.

whoa that almost got out of control !!!

I understand your point about having to try it first BUT the budget says you get 1 and you live with it for the next couple of years so getting feedback from peaple that use them or like Don who has many reviews on his site and has tried many of them those comments/advice feelings are very valuable.

for example someone gave me info on the diference betwen the Krome and Velocity witch i did not know. And another comment opened my eyes to the Talon so this is really usefull

Feel free to bring more comments and suggestion and maybe even comparaison

Cheers

Neo

Neo,

I see that you're looking for an airbrush and a place to get it cheap. Here's a link to Swanny's Models http://www.swannysmodels.com/ , the top banner is for webairbrushes.com and the coupon code "swannysbud" will get you 40% off all orders placed. Maybe this will help get the Krome well within your price range.

HTH,

QT

Just get a Damn airbrush man, it seems like the forum is just making it more complicated for u. Don't get an airbrush just cuz everyone tells u to, get the one YOU want.

We AVG guys sometimes do not pull any punches, but the advise is sound.

Neo,I think you were leaning toward the Krome, I think it would be smart to go with your instincts, you've got some feedback, and second opinions, but I know myself if I stray from my 1st choice and go with something else and am not happy with it, you just cannot kick yourself hard enough.

Krome vs Velocity, Krome you will get the 2 tips, .21 and .33 that will cover about anything you may need to paint regardless of scale, Velocity comes with.21 you will be limited, as this is a detail tip not a all purpose tip. As Luis (AKA coladito1) said, call Coast A/B we spoke with them last month at the Brewer Bros Show, they have the Krome for $115 with both tips, and if you buy from them they will provide free maintenance for the life of the brush (Luis might chime in here as he's discussed this with them).

Good luck.

Curt

Hey Curt

yeah ive made up my mind today for the Krome. Im actually planning on getting it from CoatAirbrush as they have the best price/shipping total.

one thing im goign to have to contact them for spare parts availability(they dont seam to have any parts for the Krome) as i may get extra needles just in case as they are very small and ive damage a .5 needle before. ill also probable save on shipping to get them now too.

Tank you all for your advise.

Ill let you all know on May 1st if im in love or not !! (as its my BDay gift i wont be able to use it before that)

Cheers

Neo

Oh slight correction on there CoastAirbrush might not be the best place the shipping charge for Canada in the cart is only a flat fee that shipping will be added to that ... humm

Oh slight correction on there CoastAirbrush might not be the best place the shipping charge for Canada in the cart is only a flat fee that shipping will be added to that ... humm

Badger has a number of distributors in Canada, and at least 4 in Montreal. Did you check with them about local pickup? However, it may take longer for them to get the Krome in stock.

Hi Kei

thanks for the heads up.But most of the Canadian distributor think they are alone in the world and think they can sell you a vega for 150$+ been there done that

although i send a inquiry to Udisco (my favorite hobby shop) and see if they can get it for me

Cheer

Neo

Yea, the USPS just hosed us all, they upped their Priority shipping $4.00 thats a 23% increase, shipping to Canada is still $13.00 Flat Rate.

I'm sure you'll be happy with it, if not I'll make you a deal or trade :}

Cyrus, I'll see you at Valley Con, can't wait to check out that brush.

Curt

• 4 weeks later...