What color should my bone be?

Gray or Camo  

21 members have voted

1. 1. The B-1 looks best in what scheme?

• Gray
    • Camo

I am thinking about getting one of those giant Revell B-1 models and I am really mixed on which scheme to paint it. I am curious as to what most of you think would make my Bone look best.

I plan on having the bays open showing the nuclear missiles. I am unsure whether they ever had the gray scheme when they were pulling nuke duty.

What color should your bone be?

Ah, flesh colored? :taunt:

I was under the impression that the B-1 fleet still had a nuclear bomber role. A would say that camo would go good with the nukes to eliminate the doubt.

What color should your bone be?

Ah, flesh colored? :taunt:

Ah, John, the bone should be a "pure bone white"...preferably not red streaked and fractured. :P

I have a 1/48 B-1B, but I tend to gravitate towards the strategic grey. The only photo I have of the real thing...is in camo though (taken with a Mamiya Sekor TL500 35mm SLR)

Either way looks just as good. I can't really advise on which camo pattern to use.

8225_166413660294_730735294_4084767_4327879_n.jpg

Nuclear capability was disabled in 1995. I found one photo of a DY bird kicking around taken by someone else in July 30, 1994. It seems to be in Strategic Grey.

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/630558.html

Edited by The_Animal

That's easy to fix:

Just build two Bones, so you've got both schemes,

OR

Convert it to the third or fourth B-1A and put the Desert Camo scheme on it. And Nukes! Looks the best, IMHO.

I've got the 1/48 an the 1/72 scale B-1B and I am also not sure which scheme to use on which kit.

Are you going to to another video series of your build? I really liked that Space Shuttle video.

Mmmm the eternal problem,

It has worn Grey for most of its operational life, and what made my desision - you get some killer artwork in the grey schemes.....?

That's easy to fix:

Just build two Bones, so you've got both schemes,

OR

Convert it to the third or fourth B-1A and put the Desert Camo scheme on it. And Nukes! Looks the best, IMHO.

I've got the 1/48 an the 1/72 scale B-1B and I am also not sure which scheme to use on which kit.

Are you going to to another video series of your build? I really liked that Space Shuttle video.

Well, I am not going to build two of the 1/48 beasties, that's for sure. The desert camo would be an unusual and interesting choice. Have to think about that.

And yes, it would be the subject of a video feature. I am very glad the shuttle videos have been so well received. I plan on continuing the video series to include pretty much all of my major builds.

Mmmm the eternal problem,

It has worn Grey for most of its operational life, and what made my desision - you get some killer artwork in the grey schemes.....?

Yes, the more recent artwork does jazz up the gray nicely. I really like that "Black Widow" one.