1/32 scale f-18f superhornet and 1/32 scale growler

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well. Over the following weeks to come i will be displaying progress photos of my 2 superhornets in 1/32 scale. One i have photo bucket up tomorrow if they are still uploadable. Any way at present i have all weapons and parts of the aircrafts ready for priming, At present i have skipped past the mondain parts of the build and have begun to play the tubs into the plane. Air intakes have been reduced in length for spraying perposes, (if you have built this plane, i will not need to explain the hassels it takes to do this part of the aircraft. However i hope you will find the cockpit tubs intresting, They are scratchbuilt on the dashes and side walls. also the rear rio top dash has been strached and also behind the rio seat. Photos will explain. I have made molds of the parts and will be shown also. so keep popping in to have a look.

Also i will show some of my 1/32 scale deck equipment in the process also. some has been on this sight before and i have not done much with them either. So i will contiue with updates as we go alone.

Any way photos will start to come though over the next day and i will look forward to any questions or comments.

Kind regards

Michael

Hi again, just taking photos of cockpit progress. has anyone got photobucket. I am having uploading photos to this site.

thanks

Edited by tomcatemtom

Ok looks like it is finally working. Any way. This is the first coat of black. It will get another when she is put together and cleaned up. I stratched this and made copys of them. I have another 7 superhornets (FS) So i will wire up and fully detail on other competion superhornets. The 4 i am building at present are for my display cabinets in the lounge.

DSC00518.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

I will give the pit some gloss and wheathering, some decals and extra paint, some chips ect

DSC00522.jpg

Scatched the dashes with nobes based on ref books. The front and rear consoles have been dry bushed and will be detailed and decaled over the new few days. will give cockpit a gloss, decal, wash, and then dulcoat and final drybrush to highlight. Air intakes are primed and will be coloured this week. Then attach to body, then time to close her up and then FILLING TIME.

Any one how is thinking of this kit, put all your parts together, to priming stage, Then spend time on air intakes and cockpit. Because the kits cockpit really is a disapointment. I am not happy with what i am doing with the pit, but we cant wait for wolfpack, aires, blackbox. or anyone to come up with resin for this incredible aircraft. I have a few copys of edwards products for my other 7 super hornets. So i hope by then they have brought out resin details for this kit and for the trump tomcat (another fantastic model with a lot of protensal.

For my growler, i have made intake covers, vent covers, side vent covers and rear covers,

DSC00542.jpg

side avionics bays, both sides will be open, with maitanance equipment and crew ect, semi dio is probable. ANY GOOD Ideas? The other will be superhornet will be a vfa-103 lo- vis (posible checkmates as another option) My third whick will be in the take off position will be on a carrier dio with blast sheild (half built) Just have to put the seats, pilots and little detailing and colour for the pit and she will be ready for her paint job in fva-103 hi vis.

DSC01291.jpg

DSC01219.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

This is plane 3, waiting fo the other 2 to play catch up to painting stage. As mentioned earlier, she will be sitting on a flight deck dio. Showing the side of the flight deck. LATER. Have the tomcat on a dio also. just have to do my seats rear dash and pilots. ect

Here is my Work area. DSC00525-1.jpg

Edited by tomcatemtom

Ahh, I DO remember seeing the flight deck equipment being scratchbuilt some time ago. Fantastic work! That diorama is going to be top notch!!! The nitrogen cart behind the tow tractor reminds me of pushing that thing around the flight deck. A pain in the ***!!! Lol. Looking forward to your build! :thumbsup:

Ahh, I DO remember seeing the flight deck equipment being scratchbuilt some time ago. Fantastic work! That diorama is going to be top notch!!! The nitrogen cart behind the tow tractor reminds me of pushing that thing around the flight deck. A pain in the ***!!! Lol. Looking forward to your build! :thumbsup:

Thank you for your kind words. WHICH SHIP were you on. No chance you have photos of any equipment would you. lol The 3 vehicles when to hong kong to be made for skunkmodels, epu is out since last year. it will be intresting to see the other 2 when they come out. unable to us the masters now as the lazer machine they used have left machine lines over 2 of them. They will be finished this year if work permits me.

I served aboard the USS Independence when I was with VA-115 from 1993-95 and the Abraham Lincoln/VA-95 from 1995-96. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the servicing equipment, but you might be lucky searching the web on various carrier websites. :cheers: