Started a Hasegawa F-4EJ kit. This has the hard wing (no slats) so this will be early 70's bird. I have the AIRDOC decals and this means i am limited to a early Ramstein or Bitburg bird. I started with a old Black Box cockpit set wich was a real pain to make it fit. Its al painted up and ready to be installed

SDC12621.jpg

More to follow

Mark,

Looking good! I wish I had a resin pit for my F-4E, a kit cockpit is just not as nice. Have you decided yet which unit yours will be? Mine will be a Bitburg one, also hard wing with Airdoc decals.

Looking good! I wish I had a resin pit for my F-4E, a kit cockpit is just not as nice. Have you decided yet which unit yours will be? Mine will be a Bitburg one, also hard wing with Airdoc decals.

the Black Box cockpit is a huge improvement over the kit parts, but it is very fragile and i found it a lot of work to get it to fit.

Not sure what unit yet.A BT with the blue/red/white 76 tail perhaps.. The airdoc decals are very nice but the tailcodes for the very early ones (67-72) are not 100%

I have some old PE and metal parts from a "special edition" FGR F-4 that i will use for the canopy parts, I also ordered a metal pitot, True Details pylons and intakes and a data stencil sheet.

I also have some old MB (?) resin exhaust that are not Aires quality but still much better then the kit parts

More to follow :salute:

Started a Hasegawa F-4EJ kit. This has the hard wing (no slats) so this will be early 70's bird. I have the AIRDOC decals and this means i am limited to a early Ramstein or Bitburg bird. I started with a old Black Box cockpit set wich was a real pain to make it fit. Its al painted up and ready to be installed

More to follow

Mark,

Awesome cockpit, your painting work is beautiful and the resin looks really good. I hope I can come even a little bit close to that with my 1/32 scale effort! Did it come with the WSO's radar hand controller (LRU-10) which looks like a joystick on the right console?

Scott W.

Edited by Scott R Wilson

Awesome cockpit, your painting work is beautiful and the resin looks really good. I hope I can come even a little bit close to that with my 1/32 scale effort! Did it come with the WSO's radar hand controller (LRU-10) which looks like a joystick on the right console?

Scott W.

Scott, Yes it did come with that handcontroler and its already glued in place now.

For the rest nothing much to show, working on the seams now, sanding, rescribing, primer, correcting.. the boring part of the build <_<

Edited by 31Tiger