Got my Bone......

......camo. 11 to 10. So camo it is. It is a tough choice, I know. With the gray there is some nice nose art available and you can do the turkey featherless exhaust. But the camo is not often done, and the weps that come with the kit are nukes. To have done the gray justice I'd have had to pony up for new burner cans, scrounge around for some JDAMS or other conventional weps, probably get some new decals, and get some hard to get resin like the sniper pod.

I managed to score the only 1/48 ROG camo kit on ebay right now for $45 plus $15 shipping. It's got the "super decal" and the rubber tires. I could have purchased the new Revell USA rebox locally for the about the same amount, but then I would have to find some aftermarket camo decals, and even then I am not sure that the aftermarket decals have the large walkways. Plus the new rebox has the plastic wheels

Of course I will have to get the Shuttle Wars project done first. I can do only one large scale project at a time. And if you are wondering where I am going to put them, keep in mind that I teach aerospace and have a giant classroom with two big display cases. In addition, I have a whole separate room I can use as a mini aerospace museum. Plus the library wants a display as well. So I am good to go!

Camo's the only way to go with a Bone. I picked the ROG Bone at a show last year for $45 too. More than I wanted to spend at a show, but with no taxes or shipping I couldn't see finding one cheaper. After adding up the cost of cans, sniper pod, and JDAMS, I decided to do an earlier one with the wheels up and hang it next to a B-17.

AFAIK there WERE a few bones that were converted to turkeyless feather nozzles before SAC scheme was switched over. And I do happen to have a spare set of turkeyless feather cans here...id be willing to let them go for a VERY discounted price. They arent exactly screwed up beyond repair, but they do need a small shim between the cans and the nozzles.

Cutting Edge 1/48th. I have everything for them, I just dremmeled off a little bit too much resin off of the cans where the nozzles mate up. A .8mm shim would work just fine.

Heres the set:

cecans.jpg

I have one built up and painted, and another with the resin trimmed off. All the cans are workable, nothing totally screwed up as you can see. All the parts are there.

Edited by utley

Also I have 3 spares kits in the closet that are sans wings and landing gear, as well as 10 shull24 mk-20s Id be happy to lose. Im beginning to think twomikes isnt ever going to come out with his bomb bay set, since Ive been waiting to build it since 2007.

Cutting Edge 1/48th. I have everything for them, I just dremmeled off a little bit too much resin off of the cans where the nozzles mate up. A .8mm shim would work just fine.

Heres the set:

cecans.jpg

I have one built up and painted, and another with the resin trimmed off. All the cans are workable, nothing totally screwed up as you can see. All the parts are there.

PM Inbound.

I really hope twomikes actually releases his Bone stuff this year. Im tired of having this kit sitting around waiting for me to put it together...I even have scratch built flaps Im going to cast and possibly sell sometime in the future if I can actually get motivated to work on this beast again. :huh: