1/72 F-101B decals??

I received the 1/72 kit that John kindly let me borrow for a while. I had no idea the Revell F-101B was so nice! It can easily pass off as a brand-new tool kit, the recessed panel lines and details look great. I tested some of the shape-dependent elements of the scaled-down artwork and everything fits perfectly.

Revell says they will release the kit in May (if I remember correctly), but it looks like everybody except me has a couple in the stash, and there is no point in waiting that long to release the 1/72 F-101B sheet. The artwork is done anyway; I will just review the newly added Minnesota and ND markings and send it to be printed at a convenient time in February. It should be available in March.

Edited by KursadA

I received the 1/72 kit that John kindly let me borrow for a while. I had no idea the Revell F-101B was so nice! It can easily pass off as a brand-new tool kit, the recessed panel lines and details look great. I tested some of the shape-dependent elements of the scaled-down artwork and everything fits perfectly.

Revell says they will release the kit in May (if I remember correctly), but it looks like everybody except me has a couple in the stash, and there is no point in waiting that long to release the 1/72 F-101B sheet. The artwork is done anyway; I will just review the newly added Minnesota and ND markings and send it to be printed at a convenient time in February. It should be available in March.

Now you know why some of us have been harrassing Revell to re-release that kit. The biggest drawback it that it needs a better cockpit.

Edited by Johnopfor

Revell just announced they are going to repop the 1/72 F-101B Voodoo kit this year..so, you can probably guess where this thread is heading. I need to borrow a kit from one of you.

If you're still looking to borrow a kit just send me a PM and it's on its way.

Cheers,

Tom

Here is the first 72nd scale F-101B sheet, which will be available in late February (next month). I decided to keep this a scaled-down version of the 1/48 sheet.

The Cartograf-printed 1/72 F-102 sheet has been very successful thanks to your support, so this one will be printed at Cartograf as well.

cd72011draft.jpg

Edited by KursadA
  • 3 weeks later...

Kursad Any new news on a 1/48 F-101B Texans sheet along with Minnesota and others.I remember buying your 1st sheet for George W. Bush's(43)Texas F-102 way back when.Thanks.

This second F-101B sheet(with TX, MN and ND) is mostly finished, I will try to schedule its release sometime in spring or early summer 2013. I will be pretty busy with ANG F-4C and international Viper sheets over the next few months, but I am sure I can fit these in the schedule.

Edited by KursadA

This second F-101B sheet(with TX, MN and ND) is mostly finished, I will try to schedule its release sometime in spring or early summer 2013. I will be pretty busy with ANG F-4C and international Viper sheets over the next few months, but I am sure I can fit these in the schedule.

Great thanks and thanks for the quick answer.

I will be receiving the decals way earlier than I expected, so I have revised the shipping date: This sheet will start shipping on February 8 (this Friday). I will post photos when I get the decals this Wednesday.